Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharayh39 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Lots o' poop backed up into bathroom tub
    About 2 months ago, I had roto-rooter service done on my main line and upstairs bathroom. I had my both bathroom tubs snaked, and had a my basement toilet rebuilt.. new fluid aster, tank bolt, and gasket kit. Now, I have poop backing up into my tub, and I notice poopie water backs up into the tub every time I flush the toilet. Both toilet and tub are part of the main system. I had Roto-rooter come in yesterday.. the told me I need my toilet snaked... because last time I didn't have this done and there is a backup in my main pipes that needs to be removed via toilet... does this make sense to anyone well versed on plumbing issues?? PLEASE HELP:confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 23, 2007, 09:11 AM
    Makes sense to me. Your bathroom fivtures are all tied together. The drain line from the toilet is about the only place that would give you this problem. If you don't want the mess and hassle of snaking through the open closet bend after pulling the toilet you can snake from the lavatory roof vent. Put out enough cable to reach the base and 20 feet more. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot redirect water from tub to shower in Bathroom tub water fixrure [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mohen bathtub fixture. When pulling the stem on the spout to change from bathtub to shower, water does redirect to the shower head but continues to flow from the tubspout. I have removed the spout and the shower head and the water flows properly (from both) Could someone please advise...

Backed up shower drain and laundry tub [ 2 Answers ]

First,we had a backup toilet. My husband used a commercial snake it worked. Now we have a backed up shower and when the washer drains into outlet pipe the utility sink fills up and then the shower. We cannot afford a plummer we need to do this ourselves. Can anyone help on this!:)

Washer backed up into toliets and tub [ 3 Answers ]

I was washing the other day and heard water running. The toilet and bath tub was filling up with water. Went out to garage and washer drain was making a gurgling sound. Was wondering what I should do to fix this? This has never happened before. Carol

New Bathroom, But Tub Drains Slow [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, all. Glad to have found this place as I sure need some answers and help! My wife and I decided the old bathroom needed to be renovated. It was about 20 years old and showed it. The old bathroom was a 3/4 unit, with a toilet and shower stall only, no bathtub. We opted to have the it...

Bathroom remodel question (putting tub where WC used to be) [ 3 Answers ]

Not sure exactly how to connect to the 4" cast soil pipe that the house has, but, as the title says, I'm trying to connect a 1.5" or 2" tub drain to the 4" cast pipe (that's been in place for many, many years, and is pretty crusty). Any recommendations on a good sol'n to this? Thanks, Jeremy

View more questions Search