Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    poppa0777 Posts: 104, Reputation: 11

Jul 11, 2007, 03:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I asked for ONE Bible contradiction including the Chapter and verse.

Jul 11, 2007, 03:51 PM
    Spoken out of pure ignorance. :rolleyes:
    Why don't you just answer the question? The question does not stem from ignorance, but of a curious mind.
    Tessy777 Posts: 191, Reputation: 37
    -

Jul 11, 2007, 03:53 PM
    It is ignorant because the answer was given have no knowledge of the subject. To say that atheists worship the devil is truly ignorant:
    Atheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

About the 'born again" part: that verse means that those who have never bean christians or have renounced can be included back into the fold. Those who have been christians since baptism are not born again, they need not be. Your sect has taken the term and converted the meaning for your purposes. It helps you feel superior and god knows you seem to need that.
    Needkarma.

You are wrong, wrong, wrong. When Jesus is talking in John 3 he is explaining something that must happen in order to be saved or see the Kingdom of God as he puts it. The process of being "born again" is something God does the minute someone believes. He gives us HIS HOLY SPIRIT. Those who"have been christains since baptism" as you put it are indeed Born Again. I am clueless as to your point?? I have no need to "FEEL" superior to you. I just KNOW what I KNOW... don't hate me for knowing... lol (I'm teasing with you and you are getting ticked off) DUDE! Lighten UP!! ')

Jul 11, 2007, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tessy777
    dude...Ignorance? Not very "tolerant" of You.. btw...when you say ignorance do you mean kinda like YOU saying Jesus never used the term "born again". ? bummer dude. Ignorant and intolerant all in the same day...lol (gotcha) ;)
    Tessy is right of course. A "babbling brook" can always be heard.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2007, 04:01 PM
    Sorry Tessy, you are wrong, wrong, wrong. My interpretation is correct. Lighten up honey.
    -

Jul 11, 2007, 04:08 PM
    Ahh now Needkarma... you are just mad because I gotcha! It was the first time... but it won't be the last..! Lol ;)

Jul 11, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Needkarma.

You are wrong, wrong, wrong. When Jesus is talking in John 3 he is explaining something that must happen in order to be saved or see the Kingdom of God as he puts it. The process of being "born again" is something God does the minute someone believes. He gives us HIS HOLY SPIRIT. Those who"have been christains since baptism" as you put it are indeed Born Again. I am clueless as to your point??? I have no need to "FEEL" superior to you. I just KNOW what I KNOW...don't hate me for knowing...lol (I'm teasing with you and you are getting ticked off) DUDE! Lighten UP!!!! ')
    It seems that KeedKarma doesn't really know what he believes. He refers to God. It is my understanding that athiests do not believe in God. Also, how is it that an atheist is now God's spokesman... pretending to know what God knows.
    :confused:

Jul 11, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Needkarma.

You are wrong, wrong, wrong. When Jesus is talking in John 3 he is explaining something that must happen in order to be saved or see the Kingdom of God as he puts it. The process of being "born again" is something God does the minute someone believes. He gives us HIS HOLY SPIRIT. Those who"have been christains since baptism" as you put it are indeed Born Again. I am clueless as to your point??? I have no need to "FEEL" superior to you. I just KNOW what I KNOW...don't hate me for knowing...lol (I'm teasing with you and you are getting ticked off) DUDE! Lighten UP!!!! ')
    There you go again Jason... reading things into what I've said. I did not say that you worship the devil... I only suggested that since this was a Christian forum, and you're a professing atheist, that you might want to post on a devil forum. You seem to be rather sensitive, don't you think?:eek:
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jul 11, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by poppa0777
    There you go again Jason......reading things into what I've said. I did not say that you worship the devil....I only suggested that since this was a Christian forum, and you're a professing athiest, that you might want to post on a devil forum. You seem to be rather sensitive, don't you think?:eek:
    And maybe you need to post on the "i dont realise that atheists dont believe in the devil either, and i am refering to satanists as atheists" forum
    Hehe :)
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 07:42 PM
    How scary that you would want to trust your eternal soul to Google.
    Well see here's the thing... atheists don't believe in eternal souls. If there is no god, you die, get put in a box, and stuck in the ground. Or burned into ashes, put in a box and stuck on a shelf. End of story. No soul, no gates, no judgement, just - the end.

And here's a fun link:

7 E-Z Steps to get a handy collection of Bible Contradictions and Problems - ExChristian.Net - Articles

Someone want to tell me why god sends bears to kill children? Or should we start a new thread for that?

Here's another fun one:

The Brick Testament

Happy clicking! :)
    -

Jul 11, 2007, 07:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jillianleab
    Well see here's the thing... atheists don't believe in eternal souls. If there is no god, you die, get put in a box, and stuck in the ground. Or burned into ashes, put in a box and stuck on a shelf. End of story. No soul, no gates, no judgement, just - the end.

And here's a fun link:

7 E-Z Steps to get a handy collection of Bible Contradictions and Problems - ExChristian.Net - Articles

Someone want to tell me why god sends bears to kill children? Or should we start a new thread for that?

Here's another fun one:

The Brick Testament

Happy clicking! :)
    good question... don't really know... I Do know that they weren't really children... they were teenagers making fun of God's Prophet. I suppose God, who finds all sin appalling, decided He'd had enough.. but I don't know? Tell you what! YOU can ask him that very question at the Great White Throne. God is sovereign. MAN HATES THAT.. it is OUR nature.
    You don't believe in the Great White Throne? OK.
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 08:07 PM
    So killing teens is OK? Huh? Did they really have to be killed? Couldn't they have just been "taught" it's not nice to make fun of people? Shown how powerful god is and given a chance to apologize? Seriously? The only option was sending bears to rip them to pieces? Seriously??

If that's how god deals with teens who make fun of him or his prophets, I got to say, I'm glad I don't believe in the great white throne! I want no part of a religion which has bears mauling kids for doing what kids do.
    -

Jul 11, 2007, 08:08 PM
    Tessy777 disagrees: sorry Dude... wrong again... John 3:3-8 the term "born again" came directy from Jesus. But you won't find it in Paul's epistles.
    Allheart agrees: 1) Never really like the term "dude' and 2) I agree with you 100% - I have never read or was taught that Jesus said you must be "dude' and 2) I agree with you 100% - I have never read or was taught that Jesus said you must be ". So right you are here NK.

Allheart,

LOL! If you have never READ or been TAUGHT that Jesus said you must be ". So right you are here NK.

Allheart,

LOL! if you have never READ or been TAUGHT that Jesus said you must be " well then by gollies... it MUST be true... HEY... here is a thought... read JOHN 3:3-8.. HE says it in EVERY translation.. LOL! (yes, I am being a TAD bit sarcastic here but give me a break) I didn't make it up. LOL I gave the book and the verse!
    -

Jul 11, 2007, 08:11 PM
    So killing teens is ok? Huh? Did they really have to be killed? Couldn't they have just been "taught" it's not nice to make fun of people? Shown how powerful god is and given a chance to apologize? Seriously? The only option was sending bears to rip them to pieces? Seriously????

If that's how god deals with teens who make fun of him or his prophets, I gotta say, I'm glad I don't believe in the great white throne! I want no part of a religion which has bears mauling kids for doing what kids do.
    Chill, I didn't kill them. I simply said.. God is Sovereign.. I didn't make that up either. If you don't want anything to do with God... that is OK too... it is your choice.
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 08:18 PM
    I guess it's just another one of those things I don't "get" about religion. I don't get how god can be loving and we are all his children and yadda yadda yadda (no disrespect there, just for emphasis!) and there are examples like stoning your kids and bears killing children in the bible.

I know it's my choice to have anything to do with god or not - thanks for acknowledging that and not posting 10 pages of scripture trying to convert me!

But to the original question (which I think has been lost), it depends on your religious views or non-religious views. I'm sure each religious text out there has a section on what happens to people when they die. Or I suppose you could Google it... :)
    -

Jul 11, 2007, 08:27 PM
    I guess it's just another one of those things I don't "get" about religion. I don't get how god can be loving and we are all his children and yadda yadda yadda (no disrespect there, just for emphasis!) and there are examples like stoning your kids and bears killing children in the bible.

I know it's my choice to have anything to do with god or not - thanks for acknowledging that and not posting 10 pages of scripture trying to convert me!

But to the original question (which I think has been lost), it depends on your religious views or non-religious views. I'm sure each religious text out there has a section on what happens to people when they die. Or I suppose you could Google it....... :)
    I learned a long time ago not to pour a bunch of verses down anyone's throat. I don't even read the long posts myself. There are MANY things about God that I don't understand and I won't pretend to. I don't have all the answers... no one here does.

Having said that, there are really many Wonderful things about God! The only thing I will suggest is that you don't close your mind towards Him. :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2007, 10:38 PM
    The only thing I will suggest is that you don't close your mind towards Him.
    Tell you what, I won't close my mind TO HIM, if you don't close your mind FOR HIM. :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 02:07 PM
    poppa0777 disagrees: Upon the Authority of God's Word you WILL believe one day. I nwill pray that you come to the knowledge of Truth before it's too late for you. Your unbelief won't cool off Hell one bit!
    So you'll pray for me, but you'll also give me a "disagree" on this board which will tarnish my reputation? Gee... how incredibly tolerant and loving of you. Thanks. Ever hear the expression, "You catch more flies with honey"? Guess not.

Oh, and I like it hot.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2007, 02:16 PM
    poppa0777 disagrees: Upon the Authority of God's Word you WILL believe one day
    Probably one of the most pompous statements I have ever read here. This sounds very much like you are involved in a cult.
    chaplain john Posts: 79, Reputation: 28

Jul 12, 2007, 09:25 PM
    Probably one of the most pompous statements I have ever read here. This sounds very much like you are involved in a cult.
    Pompous to you perhaps but he merely quotes the Bible... "Every knee shall bow; every tongue confess...":)

And I added a smile to keep it friendly LOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it better that I die? [ 31 Answers ]

I have been fascinated by dead and suicide since I was very little. Before I was 8 I had already tried to die several times. I mostly tried by handing myself. But the ropes I chose weren't strong enough or I couldn't tie descend knot. Once I tried to jump out a window but someone pulled me back. I...

Can I die? Please help me someone! [ 20 Answers ]

:( Heey! I'm a 18 year old girl, that used movate cream for some month and didn't see any result so I used it up to six time or more a day. Then I accidentally got it round my mouth and lips, but I just dryed it with a towel and didn't think think much about any side effects. Then after a while a...

Am I going to die? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guyz... Please advice me... I'm really worried and desperate nowadays. I thought at first I was pregnant during my first month delay of my mentruation because in my entire life this is the first time experienced the delay on my menstuation. My boyfriend and I expecting a baby. After two...

View more questions Search