Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MS220 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2005, 02:07 PM
    Divorce question
    My friend is going through a divorce. His wife's lawyer was to turn in the discovery info by today. (He didn't). My question is if they refuse to turn in the info that's requested where do they go from there? His lawyer said to his knowledge they haven't filed for an extension. Why are divorces so long and drawn out, Neither of them have a whole lot of money. Should there be a time limit on these things? :mad: :mad:
    docv Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2005, 10:40 PM
    Time limit
    You are right, there should be a time limit... but there isn't. Unfortunately, it sounds like the lawyer is using a very effective tactic. If they know the money supply is low... they can draw it out to the point one of them can't afford the attorney and are stuck fighting for themselves. Your friends lawyer needs to get on the ball. He is just as wrong if he allows the manipulation to continue.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2005, 07:51 AM
    Divorce
    Hi,
    As one who has been through this years ago, lawyers play games!
    I hope it doesn't last too long for you, and unfortunately, there isn't much you can do.
    Maybe find another lawyer, maybe not.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    shawkathy58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 07:37 AM
    I am new to this asked a question thing . So here it goes what I am wanting to know is I am trying to locate a divorce certificate on a friend of mine. His wife said she got a divorce from him in whitney,Texas,hill county on November or October 30,1980. My question is where would I get a copy of this?
    bluejeangal Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2008, 11:35 AM
    At the circuit clerk office in the court house of the county where the divorce was obtained.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shawkathy58
    i am new to this asked a question thing . so here it goes what i am wanting to know is i am trying to locate a divorce certificate on a friend of mine. his wife said she got a divorce from him in whitney,texas,hill county on november or october 30,1980. my question is where would i get a copy of this?

In most if not all locations, you cannot. Only the parties can obtain copies because the records are sealed.

You can always call the County Clerk's office and see if it's on file - he/she will let you know the County's policy.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shawkathy58
    i am new to this asked a question thing . so here it goes what i am wanting to know is i am trying to locate a divorce certificate on a friend of mine. his wife said she got a divorce from him in whitney,texas,hill county on november or october 30,1980. my question is where would i get a copy of this?

Added to a 2005 post - should be on its own.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question regarding Immigration Fraud and Divorce [ 5 Answers ]

First of all I'm not sure if this is fraud. However, I have a friend who married a guy from overseas over 10 years ago. He became a US citizen nearly 3 years ago. Then his parents came here recently. Once they came they gave him the idea to divorce my friend and marry someone else from overseas...

Question regarding divorce. [ 4 Answers ]

If a couple gets a divorce, then after a few weeks decides they made a mistake can the divorce be "cancelled"? Who gets notified when a divorce is final? What I mean is how do car insurance companies, health insurance companies, etc... know when your divorced? Is'nt it true that group health plans...

Question about divorce hearing... HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

I am deathly afraid to talk in front of others, in fact I did not continue my college education because I am afraid of speaking in in front of others. My lawyer just informed me that I will have to take the stand at the divorce hearing in front of many people. I am very nervous and already losing...

Divorce question [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my friend is going through a divorce, His ex is the one that cheated on him and costed him thousands of dollars. He retained an attorney.. But the attorney has done nothing.(and I mean nothing) My friend has moved to another state an his father passed away recently. He wasn't able to make it to...

View more questions Search