Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    socketfire44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2007, 06:19 PM
    How long must I wear retainer?
    I had braces for 2 years, and have worn my retainer for years. Recently it does not fit well. Must I continue to wear it?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Go back to orthodontist your teeth have moved, he will adjust them to you.
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Jul 2, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Yup, you must go see your orthodontist. If you go to the same orthodontist, it should be free of charge. He/She will fix the problem.

It's better to continue wearing your retainer in order to avoid your teeth to move.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2007, 06:08 PM
    You should see your orthodontist and have your retainer checked. If you have been out of braces for some time you should probably try your retainer in at least every other week. If things don't feel right, continue to wear your retainer until your teeth move back to where they were. Keep your retainer somewhere safe so it doesn't get bent.
    turkey Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jul 2, 2007, 11:46 PM
    I would wear my retainer until I saw my orthodontist! Your teeth can move back to where they were before your braces! I had them and they did!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After vasectomy.Wear support how long? [ 2 Answers ]

I had a vasectomy three days ago and every thing is going good. No pain at all. The only problems are having to wear the jock strap that they told Me to wear for 7 to 10 days after the procedure. This thing bugs me espeically since where I had to shave the hair is Coming back also. I am...

Bent Retainer? [ 3 Answers ]

I've had my retainer for almost a year (it's the clear plastic type). I wear it every day. I had to put it in my pocket the other day and now I'm wondering it it migh be a little bent because it feels tighter (but maybe I'm just being paranoid!). How easily do these things get bent? I called my...

What should I wear for the prom? [ 12 Answers ]

So I don't know what dress colour I should wear for the next prom in July. I have a pale skin tone, chestnut brown eyes and dark brown hair. Can you suggest some suitable colours that match this description?? Please?? :confused:

Should I have to pay for another retainer? [ 2 Answers ]

I have had my braces off since November of 2006. I have had a retainer ever since. Today (June 4, 2007) I went for a retainer check at the orthodontist. My lower right lateral (number 26 tooth, the front, bottom 2 over) has moved a little bit inward. It is noticeably out of line from the others. I...

What and how to wear? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm turning 18 next week and I'd like to wear a dress but my problem is that I have really big hips as that's gentetic in my family and I have a belly too, what dress styles and colurs would go with my figure without drawing too much attention to my stomach and hips? Write back Thank you...

View more questions Search