Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jul 7, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Its funny, if I skip the sleep process, and continue into the new day awake, I get this urge to clean and tidy and etc at about 4 am...

Jul 7, 2007, 06:29 PM
    National Security
    Information Line
    To report information regarding terrorism, criminal extremism or suspicious activities which could pose a threat to national safety and security.
    Its on their website.
    I saw an obese chick with white see through long pants once *shudders* is that suspicious? It sure poses a threat.
    Lol kidding.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mango7777
    Which one? Mad Max or What's Love got to Do with it?.. You know, besides recycling and doing my part, what has given me the most satisfaction and empowerment as a human on this earth, is to pick up trash that i notice. Not just to comment on it, and be disgusted by it with judgment, but to actually take it a step further and pick it up.

It goes against the ideal of " it's not mine, i didn't litter, etc.." as we have been trained through society, but when actual initiative is taken to "do my part" in cleaning up the earth, .....

It sure feels DARN good and becomes compelling in a weird sorta way...

What do you think of that? And would you be willing to start? If you haven't already done so? Let me know your thoughts.
    That is a tough one for me. I will tell you why and I hope you do not think it is just me and making up excuses but I have a germ phobia and to actually try to succeed in picking up all the trash especially in the big city would take ages. Unless everybody did it, just me though I do not touch anybodies else's garbage. Not that I would not be willing to start but I think I could do better in the area of fighting for the trees and replenting trees and do my part that way. Those are my thoughts anyway.

Jul 7, 2007, 06:35 PM
    This chick in church was like "I like trees! Trees get oxygen from their leaves, and oxygen is breath, and breath is like gods holy spirit, and trees have roots (everyboy laughs at the word roots) okay... trees have tentacles! I like trees! I want to be a tree!

Myself, I have an irrational fear of mirrors and windows at night time, and I like to stand/walk in the rain and think.
    mango7777 Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Jul 7, 2007, 06:38 PM
    I do understand and everybody contributes in their own way. Just the fact and intention to do whatever needs to be done is awsome and commendable. Good for you on replanting trees. I think THAT is a monumental effort right there.

Positive thinking and positive energy output is a subtle yet impacting endeavor for the universe.

Our Thoughts and intentions create our reality. We create and control our thoughts: Love or anger... We do have the control.

Jul 7, 2007, 06:40 PM
    Trees make oxygen. We breath in oxygen. We release carbon dioxide. Trees eat carbon dioxide. We cut down trees. We plant trees.
    Sounds pretty balanced.
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mango7777
    I do understand and everybody contributes in their own way. Just the fact and intention to do whatever needs to be done is awsome and commendable. Good for you on replanting trees. I think THAT is a monumental effort right there.

Positive thinking and positive energy output is a subtle yet impacting endeavor for the universe.

Our Thoughts and intentions create our reality. We create and control our thoughts: Love or anger.... We do have the control.
    I think there should be more trees planted and that will help keep the oxygen supply and in good force. I also believe that thoughts create. We all have a tendency to fall into the negative thoughts reach creates our energy around us. I do believe completely that what thoughts we have and positive thinking will impact the universe. Creating our reality is that not a strong statement. We all are creators. Yes, each individual has that control. You have the same mind set.

Joe

Jul 7, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Just a question...
    Who's turn is it to breath? We need to create some kind of roster or something.
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2007, 06:48 PM
    I believe it is my turn to breath now. Please. I can not hold mine too long.

Jul 7, 2007, 06:49 PM
    (holds his breath)
    .(THUD!)
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Mango, Please breath. Come on now, I hope you did not pass out. Come back to us.

Jul 7, 2007, 07:04 PM
    (thumps mango with a baseball bat)
    If he wasn't out before, he is now.
    Another friendly thump from your friendly local baseball man.
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2007, 07:15 PM
    Looks like it is only you and I now cal.

EDIT :::::::::::::

I think it is time for you to get some sleep.

I know I should too, but I think I am going to pull a all nighter. I am going to pull myself away from the computer and do other things. Like house work!

Jul 7, 2007, 07:59 PM
    I know you all know the share the breathing part was just being silly.. What's up with the bat and all?>>> wow...

In a deeper level, Yes I do believe we create our own reality to an extent. ( I know I can't just wish to be rich in my reality when I am not, and expect to be so, etc. But whatever we are capable of achieving, to get the desired outcome is so in our reach...

The power of intention backed by action and determination is such a powerful tool. I know for me, the character defect I tend to slip into is "follow-through". I could have all the motivation at the time, but if I am not consistently focused on my goal (s) it fades.
    Too bad for me, "I coulda been a contender"... heeehee ;)

Jul 7, 2007, 08:23 PM
    Back to your original questions:

Who made you who I am? Truly God did, my mama did a great job keeping me safe and teaching me the ways. Like-minded people bring out the best in me. Closed-minded people teach me patience and tolerance. I have 2 step kids and I am grateful we get along. I am married and spiritual? I brush my teeth at least twice a day, more if they feel icky.. I clean the toilet when I see it needs it... and that often considering the household...

If I don't eat breakfast it messes up my sugar level and I get frantic... it delays the eating pattern for me and end up eating a hog by the 9 o'clock dinging of the bell. Which leaves a less than desirable sensation for the morning after.

Like partying all night and eating a lootful of goodies, to forget the next day why I felt so gross. (just a reflection)

Vitamins and water a Must...

Thank you, for you.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2007, 01:50 AM
    Yes, God is the one who created everybody. That is a fact and no denying that. Without God I or anybody would have nothing. I am thankful to God for all the blessings in my life. There are times I have felt that I have lost focus or got caught up with things or people that were not of the same mindset as me so sometimes I have to regroup and figure out who is truly of the same mindset and make sure that I stay focused on God and truly meditate on the word of God and communicate spiritually with God. Without God nothing would be. I truly believe that.

I think I said this before but I will say it again. My God, the father is my only true father, my greatest influence. I was raised with a step father, and my biological father was only in the picture when he felt like it. My step father is a workaholic. So I do believe every experience we have influences us on how we feel and deal with every situation.

Mango, That is great that you have a step family that gets along. That is good to have and is rare.

Patience and tolerance, and closed minded people. Yes, it defiantly has to take lots of patience to deal with closed minded people. It is very diffucult and hard to do at times. It is a challenge. All though a very good one.

I am Canadian and I guess that is why I try to be extra polite in everything I say. Lol

I have to admit I was going to get deep here, and emotional and sensitive but I think I will try to keep it on the lighter side of things.

I think I am lactose intolerant. Whatever that means. I still eat the foods anyway. Milk I avoid like a plague but I still like to have my occasional ice cream and occasional pizza but I always pay for it the very next day. (I know too much info)

Daily prayer, and Daily reflections is important. As well as drinking lots of water especially on days where it is over 100 F'

Mango your great, and thank you for being you.

Joe

Jul 8, 2007, 02:07 PM
    Jazzy-Joe... I appreciate your comments and being true to your beliefs. As much as I try to be with the Spirit and live for today, it does slip passed me and I get caught up in the worries... it is sure Great to know and be reminded of the things that matter most: God, Meditation, prayer, love, family and friends of like minds.

I appreciate your comment on the Step family... I have had 2 step mom's in my life, one who is the mother of my 1/2 sister long ago, and Currently, my dad of 70 (wow-you go dad) married my now step mom in December, she's 3 years older than I am... she's Latina and I really admire her- she's made my dad (who was hardly ever in my life up until 10 years ago) a better man :)

Question, when parents (one being a step mom or dad) divorce, do you lose "family ties" with them?

I am so lactose intolerant, I believe it come with age inevitably. I only drink lactaid nonfat milk, if I need the calcium- it is an acquired taste. I love, love, love ice-cream... if I eat it, I know I will be in pain, moments later (seriously how lame is that?) but it is what it is. I think it is God's way of telling me, I am not suppose to eat it. If I didn't have a problem, I would eat it all the time-resultiing in "Umoo the happy Sludge Cow" :)

Whatever, I find ways :)

I have a puppy named Tiki and I love her so much. I never had a puppy ever.. Apartments have never been conducive to non-caged pets. Tiki is 1/2 Pomeranian 1/4 Chihuahua 1/4 Pug...

She looks rather like a Special breed Chihuahua- I like to think she gets that from my side of the family... I have never seen a puppy sleep face up with all four paws facing the ceiling. She sleeps on a pillow (my arm) weird and comical, makes me laugh.

Got to have laughter, never let it slip away... It's a must, the body, mind and spirit need it. Find the Joy in every day things, I try, it makes me feel grateful..

So much for a "quickie"
    Proudmama Posts: 15, Reputation: 6

Jul 8, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Hello everyone. Joe and cal is so silly Mango. It is good to have some laughs with people.
    I believe in God in my own way, like God made us and everything we see, touch and don't see. The world that God gave us is so beautiful but we are ruining what God made ;( . I don't follow too much of the bible. Life is great when you can speak to people easily when you know they are not closed minded. I rather speak to people that are down to earth.
    My biological father was never in my life he left when I was threes yr old. Had a step father and he treated us pretty good most of the time. Now he is in peace. Right now I feel great That I have my family of my own. Joshua is doing great and Joe is too that is what I thank God I have a great family.

I know that all families do not always get along but that is what families are for. To be with you through good times and bad times. Mango that is good your family gets along well.

Proud
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2007, 02:32 PM
    I believe we all get caught up in worry, I think it is normal human tendencies. Some get caught up in it more then others. We all need to be reminded what is truly important in order to keep our minds, spirits and body healthy and happy.

Oh about the step family. My wife grew up with a step father, I grew up with the step fathers side of the family although I am closer to my moms side of the family probably because I naturally gravitate towards them. I have only stayed in touch with a couple of people on my step fathers side of the family and as far as I know lol my mom and step father are still married.

About the lactose intolerant this is my favorite line that you posted.

"Umoo the happy Sludge Cow" :) "Umoo the happy Sludge Cow" :) "Umoo the happy Sludge Cow" :) "Umoo the happy Sludge Cow" :) "Umoo the happy Sludge Cow" :) "Umoo the happy Sludge Cow" :) "Umoo the happy Sludge Cow"

Yes, we do pay for splurging on the icecream lol. I was in an apartment until I was 10 years old. We had a lab mix puppy and she lived until she was 18 years old. Beautiful spirit. Loyal puppy.

Yes, We all have to try to find joy no matter what is happening around us.

May God bless you and your family always.

Joe

Jul 8, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    just a question....
    whos turn is it to breath? we need to create some kind of roster or something.
    I am taking all the breaths and my ball and going to Costa Rica, the trees are better there. :) The Roster is a great idea, it made me laugh... thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

In love with someone who doesn't love me anymore. [ 8 Answers ]

I started dating my ex in Apirl of last year. We got pregnant within the first three months, and my hormones and emotions starting going crazy. I was treating him like crap, saying things like I didn't want to be with him, I would ruin the evening by thinking he didn't want me there, even though...

Does Love exist? Is there such thing as love? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering what is your opinion or thoughts on this situation, I went through a couple of months ago (in 2006). It was nearing the end of my first year at University, I was dancing on the last night the pub was open; suddenly, I saw a good-looking, kind of modest girl and I got the...

I love a girl but does she love me [ 19 Answers ]

I met this beautiful girl we went out but then she said she didn't want a boyfriend right now and its tearing me apart because we love each other and I don't know how love can disappear so fast I mean it must be there still right

I love this boy that doesn't love me. [ 18 Answers ]

There is a boy I met that I think I fell in love with. He is a really good guy. He likes me back but he recently got a girlfriend that he loves. I don't know should I move on or what... :confused:

I love him but does not love me and no one else does [ 4 Answers ]

I love him but he does not love me and no one else does love me but why:confused: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

View more questions Search