Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catlady5 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2007, 07:13 AM
    5 Cats = smelly house
    HELP! HELP!

I have five cats who are all indoor cats. They had a bedroom dedicated to their food and litter boxes. I have two air fresheners in this room, keep up with their litter daily and yet when you walk into the house all you smell is CATS!!

Is there an air freshener that I can use that will totally eliminate these odors? Had some friends come over and they didn't stay long as they said the smell was so bad!!

HELP! HELP!

Thank you,

Sue
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 07:22 AM
    If you can afford the new pine litter it is really great, also I use vinegar to clean with I find that it takes odor away. You can also get a fresh air machine, My in laws had one when they used to smoke... they are not very large and I don't think they are very expensive. I would try keeping the windows open as much as possible and urine gone is excellent for accidents... make sure to read directions. I hope I have helped. Good Luck :)
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2007, 07:26 AM
    According to Girlfriend, Scoopable litter helps contain odors. Oust air deodorizer.
    Helps a lot.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2007, 06:31 PM
    You may also want to approach the problem from the other end, so to speak. What are you feeding them? Switching to a better brand of cat food may result in less waste, which means less smell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

House cats [ 9 Answers ]

Hi , I was just wondering if anyone can help me with a question about my house cats, now I have had these cats since they were kittens and they grew up together, they have all there shots and are both fixed, they are 2 females and they are inside cats, they do not go outside, now I left for work...

Cats under my house [ 3 Answers ]

My neighbor has 10 cats (at the least). During the winter most of them take shelter under my house at which time they claw at the duct work and destry most of it. I just had the duct work fixed and new heating/air systems put in this past fall and had hoped that the electricians would have closed...

Smelly New house [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently moved into a custom house. We have a septic tank and a garbage disposal. For the last two months or so, we have had a rotten smell that has been permeating the house. It smells like sewer or rotten food. Normally when we pour bleach down the drains in the bathroom, the smell...

Smelly Odor In House [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! We have recently moved into a different house. It is an old house with add ons. The smell seems to be coming from the toilet area and washroom area. However, we smell it throughout other parts of the house at times. At first I thought that it was the water in the toilet but it doesn't seem...

Smelly house [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a house about a year ago that other than a strong smell seemed perfect. I asked the person selling the house what the odor was and they assured me that it was only from a mixture of chemicals used to paint, clean, and strip. This seemed reasonable because the floors, carpets, and...

View more questions Search