Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zappy Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 03:41 PM
    How do I keep puppy cool?
    My puppy has thick black hair and its ALWAYS burning up. It will play for like 2 seconds then have to run over to the vent where cool air blows.. any ideas?
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2007, 04:19 PM
    Make sure he's getting enough water, a puppy should be able to play for a while without overheating. If he's dehydrated it could be causing him to exhaust himself faster.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2007, 04:58 PM
    A good brushing would remove any loose excess hair. I use a wire slicker brush on my Labs.

Some people have the dog clipped for the summer.

Outside, I often wet them down. Even then, the heat was too much for my 9 month old yellow Lab yesterday. It was 97 degrees and almost no breeze. I finally had to tie her in the shade while I stayed out in the sun selling pop for my service club.
    AllenS Posts: 67, Reputation: 10

Jun 17, 2007, 05:46 PM
    I agree with the experts =)
    I have two huskies and huskies have thick coats all year around.
    I suggest possibly buying a small-medium sized pool, the blue plastic children's pools.
    Fill it half up with water and let your dog get in it and play in it when he feels hot. This will cool him off a great deal.
    Please supervise him as he's in or near the pool, make sure he isn't chewing on it or anything, as plastic can harm him severely if he swallows it. It can also cut his gums and sometimes they can get their teeth snagged on it and hurt themselves.
    As said above, make sure he has plenty of water to drink so he doesn't dehydrate =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wouldn't it be cool [ 1 Answers ]

I was just browsing through GameFaqs, because that is what I do. I saw Pokemon Battle Revolution on the list, and checked it out. It listed in GameFaqs as a "Fantasy > Strategy > Turn Based". My heart immediately went flutter, but when I read the previews was informed that it was just another...

'cause I'm cool! [ 5 Answers ]

Why do teenagers say 'cause all the time? " Cause it's this.", 'cause I'm cool"

Cool Vents [ 8 Answers ]

I've just moved into a house in Albuquerque. We notice that the vents in the two baths actually blow "cool" air when the heat is on. Apparently, they are at the end of ducts. Is there anything that can be done to resolve this? Is there a pressure adjustment that is perhaps too low, or is the...

HELP, it's not cool in here [ 1 Answers ]

Woke this morning to a half way cool home. Heard the central air conditioner shut off and all of a sudden I hear this clanging noise from the furnace. HELP:eek:

View more questions Search