Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Butterfly51 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 11:27 AM
    Add Name to Mortgage Deed
    I would like to add my daughter-in-law's name to my mortgage deed, without her being liable for any mortgage payments, etc. I am doing this now so she will be sole owner at the time of my death. What legal procedure is used to do this?

Thank you.
    ansarch Posts: 5, Reputation: -1

Jun 17, 2007, 11:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly51
    I would like to add my daughter-in-law's name to my mortgage deed, without her being liable for any mortgage payments, etc. I am doing this now so she will be sole owner at the time of my death. What legal procedure is used to do this?

Thank you.
    U can't do that without your solicester but the best and cheapest way to do this is write your will and make her your next of kin so in case of your death she or any body else you have mentioned in the will, will be the owner of your property or properties
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 17, 2007, 12:05 PM
    You need to check with your mortgage company. There probably won't be a problem but any change in ownership needs to be cleared with them since they have a lien on the property. They might even be willing to help you change and register the deed.

You really would be better off speaking with an estate planner who can adivse the best way to leave her the property.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Add name to house deeds but not mortgage? [ 6 Answers ]

I live in the UK. My partner and I own a house, but at the moment the mortgage is in his name and only his name appears on the house deeds. The reason why the mortgage was not in joint names initially is because I was unemployed at the time of applying. I have contacted several solicitors to...

Add someone to your mortgage [ 49 Answers ]

Hi I wondered if anyone could help me I am living with my partner but the mortgage is only in my name. I am divorced and I kept the house (bought my ex out) As my new partner pays half of everything I think it is only fair he is included in my mortgage. Can anyone please advise how you do this, if...

Least complicated but legal way to add someone to my mortgage deed or title [ 3 Answers ]

I find myself in a tight situation with my house payment & household expenses. My friend has decided to come in on the house with me. The house is in Sun City, Arizona, and I have had it for 6 mo. Our plan is to keep my original prime loan. My friend will reinburse me for half my original...

How much does it cost to add my name to mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

:o I want to put my name on the mortgage for my husbands and I house but I want to know how much its going to cost me

View more questions Search