Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hansen1981 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 09:14 AM
    Section 8
    I just started renting on section 8 two years ago in CT and now my landlord is charging me for having a washer and dryer in my unit. He never discussed this and the hook-ups were already in place in the unit. He said that I have to pay him but nothing is stated about that in my lease agreement. Please help. Do I pay or not?? :confused:
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2007, 09:28 AM
    In Ohio landlord is responsible for the water, if they have a clause in the agreement then you can be made to pay extra but only if it is in there when you first sign the lease. When the lease is up landlord is able to add aor take away clause's and you have the right to sign and accept or move. Also he can give you a 30 day notice to vacate... he does not have to rent to you if he does not want to. Keep this in mind. Good luck
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2007, 09:47 AM
    I do believe under section 8 if the landlord pays for the water this is allowed. ( since I don't provide water for none of my rentals I am not up on it 100 percent)

But if you have a lease ( not a monthto month rental) they can not change the terms of the lease during it ( unless you request a change in it and they agree)
    hansen1981 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Thanks gus. He doesn't have to pay the water the Section 8 covers all utilities and any portion of rent I can't pay. The washer and dryer are mine not the buildings. Does this change anything?
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2007, 01:35 PM
    Can you call your local Section 8 office? Someone there will be better versed in the laws for your particular area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PA04 section A qn 3 [ 6 Answers ]

A progressive wave in a stratched string has a speed of 20m/s and a frequency of 100Hz. What is the phase difference between two points 25mm apart? A) zero B) pi/4 rad c) pi/2 rad d) pi rad the ans is B but I'm not sure how to obtain it

Quick pregnancy after C-section [ 1 Answers ]

I had my baby by C-section in Dec 06 and my cycle's been regular since Feb 07. I'm worried I may have accidentally gotten pregnant 2 weeks ago.Since there should be a 1 yr gap at least before the next pregnancy, how will this affect me? What are my options?

The endless steppe section 1 [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone no the answers to these following questions? 1. list the things that esther and her family wear and carry with them that u think will be the most useful in their new life. 2. list some items you think they will wish they had brought with them. 3. what kind of people are esther and...

Probability section [ 3 Answers ]

How many ways are there to get a 12 with 3 dices?

View more questions Search