Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swalther Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Water in the oil!
    I have a 1996 buick century... I REPLACED A leaking water pump... after I replaced it with a new one I started noticing water on the dip stick... It runs GREAT (LIKE NEW) no smoke or anything... just water slowly seeps into the oil pan... INTAKE MANIFOLD RIGHT??
    Bullistic1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by swalther
    I have a 1996 buick century....I REPLACED A leaking water pump....after I replaced it with a new one I started noticing water on the dip stick......It runs GREAT (LIKE NEW) no smoke or anything.....just water slowly seeps into the oil pan....INTAKE MANIFOLD RIGHT????
    Not necessarily. You could have put a longer bolt in where a shorter bolt was before you replaced the water pump, and cracked the timing case cover. Before going to a new problem make sure you did not create this one. We all make mistakes learn from it and you will be a better person, deny it and you may end up spending more money and regretting it later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil smell in water [ 7 Answers ]

The water in my condo has a oliy-metallic smell. Over the past week it has been gradually getting stronger and has spread from the kitchen (where I first noticed it) to all the bathrooms. The showers, toilets, sinks... everything has this smell now. I originally thought it was the drain, but I...

96 Chevy truck water in oil pan [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 96 Chevy PU Truck with a 5L engine. Water is getting into the oil pan. I have pulled all the spark plugs and none of them show any signs of water. Where else could it be coming from?

Water in Oil Pan [ 3 Answers ]

I recently bought a salvage vehicle. The oil cap was left off and water got into oil pan. To my knowledge the vehicle started once and only ran a few minutes. How do I insure there is no water in engine. I have already changed the oil and will change again after running a 100 miles. Any other...

Low water pressure oil hot water heating system [ 1 Answers ]

How does one go about increasing water pressure in a baseboard heating system?

View more questions Search