Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monikarani Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 08:57 PM
    Some specific tips tp loose weight.
    Hi,

1. I am 28 (Female) Married with no kids is of 67kg,
    2. working as a professional mostly in sitting job having no time for workout,
    3. pure veg in Diet with low oil & low sugar.

I want to loose at least 10-12 kg weight, I would appreciate if u could provide some realistic & effective suggestios.

Thanks
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jun 14, 2007, 06:44 AM
    So you seem to say that your diet is near-perfect and you absolutely, positively cannot work out, due to lack of time. Seems you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. One of those two has to change (preferably both).

If your diet is perfect, then exercising's the only way. You should try and find the time to do at least 30 minutes of cardio. Maybe hit the high school track after work, or get a gym membership and go before work (that's what I do). Do jumping jacks at home, have your husband chase you around the house for 30 minutes... something.

Otherwise I don't see how you'll lose weight. Basically, if the number of calories you burn exceeds the calories you consume on a daily basis, you'll lose weight. Figure out how to do that, and you're golden.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2007, 07:06 AM
    I used to think I had no time to workout. If you want it - you will find it. Even if it means walking to work (or parking a long way out and walking part-way). 15 minutes of running or other cardio in the morning and again in the evening will see quick results, too. Make sure you are eating enough. If you eat too little your metabolism will slow down and you will get nowhere. It sounds crazy, but sometimes you have to eat more to lose weight!
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Eat smaller portions, make sure your getting protein, veggies, fruits with every meal. Drinks lots of ice cold water throughout the day. It sounds like your diet is OK, But No exercise? Hmmm, park your car further way from where you work, shop. Wake up 1/2 hr hour earlier and do some aerobics. You need exercise in order to accomplish the other half of your weight losss wish!
    sweety Posts: 77, Reputation: -1

Jun 19, 2007, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by monikarani
    Hi,

I want to loose atleast 10-12 kg weight, I would appreciate if u could provide some realistic & effective suggestios.

Thanks
    You should drink plenty of fluids even at work,say every hour and drink at least 3 cups of green tea a day,try to walk to work or use public transport and stop at a station earlier and walk.drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day will clear your body of toxins,I lost all my pregnancy weight by doing this in 3 months and went bak down 4 dress sizes to my normal weight after my 1st baby.
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

Jun 19, 2007, 02:06 PM
    Several major organizations recommend moderate physical activity in the range of 60- 90 min per day for weight-loss maintenance.[76,77] Individual specific factors such as age, sex, amount of weight lost, current body weight, ethnicity, and genetic differences might, however, impact the amount of activity required for weight-loss maintenance, and some individuals might require more physical activity to maintain a weight loss than others. Successful weight-loss maintainers in the NWCR report engaging in physical activity that used 2,621 ± 2,252 kcal (mean ± SD) per week.[60] The high SD associated with the amount of activity reported suggests wide variability within this group.

One major source of variability might be sex. Women have lower BMI than men and thus need more exercise of the same intensity to burn the same number of calories. Few studies have, however, provided different exercise prescriptions on the basis of sex or analyzed data separately for men and women, and comparative data on sex, physical activity and weight maintenance are scarce.

Klem ML et al. (1997) A descriptive study of individuals successful at long-term maintenance of substantial weight loss. Am J Clin Nutr 66: 239-246

Jakicic JM et al. (2001) American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Appropriate intervention strategies for weight loss and prevention of weight regain for adults. Med Sci Sports Exerc 33: 2145-2156

================================================== =======================

aside from a daily caloric intake perhaps 250- 500 cal less than output per day
    they recommend 60-90 minutes a day of moderate physical activity daily.

Grace and Peace
    juansgrl0605 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2007, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by monikarani
    Hi,

I want to loose atleast 10-12 kg weight, I would appreciate if u could provide some realistic & effective suggestios.

Thanks
    Before you go to bed at night do some sit ups and push ups. And if you can wake up early in the morning and go for a nice jog. And when you do the sit ups and get comfortable with the first 40 increase them by 10 and keep going. You can do it.
    Good luck.
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Jun 24, 2007, 10:22 AM
    *You should be drinking half your body weight in fluid oz in water every day.
    *Drinking a full glass of water before your meal will help curb your appetite so you don't eat as much.
    *Rather than eating 3 meals a day try eating 6 small potions a day.
    *Keep your fiber intake up and your saturated fat down (it doesn't sound like that is a problem for you).
    *take the stairs rather than the elevator, park further away from the building, do leg lifts etc. at your desk. Anything that adds physical activity to you normal day helps.
    * Stress can be a factor in weight gain. Learn breathing techniques to ease stress. You can do this anytime anywhere. Try Dr. Keith Jeffery's 4 minute fitness. (4 Minute Fitness video. Revolutionary exercise video offering extraordinary relaxation techniques, fitness exercises and stress reduction for EveryBody. Features yoga, qi gong and tai chi. Includes sitting exercises, with Dr. Keith Jeffery.) It is grate for mind, body and spirit. And it is easy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to loose weight! [ 6 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone knows of a real good diet plan that actually works! Next year is my prom and seriously I want to start my diet right now! I'm tried diet pills but they just seem to not work and I couldn't even sleep so I stopped that. Right when I stopped the diet pills I gained even more...

Loose weight [ 10 Answers ]

What is the best way to loose weight? Please help me?

How do you loose water weight? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all! How do you loose the water weight? I changed my pill and I am gaining weight... its been 2 months on this pill and I eat pretty good, I go to the gym at least once a week and when I'm not there I am playing kick ball with my kids, jump rope and sit ups... I started doing more when...

I really need to loose weight [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My names is naila am 18 years old, I am about 170 cm, and I weigh 85 kg, I really need a diet that could me loose 20 kg in 6 weeks. So if you can help loose them by sending a program, or tips for how to loose them. Thank u

Loose weight [ 1 Answers ]

How do I loose weight fast and safe I work out everyday and all but its not seeming to work what should I do?

View more questions Search