Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    basketball_kid40 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 05:45 PM
    How to relax while getting tongue pierced.
    Hey... so I'm going to get my tongue pierced in less than a month... :p
    BUT... I just need some advise to stay calm and how to relax.. I'm not nervous just what are some ways not to focus on the needle going threw my tongue...
    Need help please
    Thanks
    marielbane Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Jun 14, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Getting it pierced takes about 1 or 2 seconds no joke, they should tell you something like okay breathe and when you breathe they'll position the needle, then they'll say exhale and that's when they pierce, if it's done right you really shouldn't feel much, it seriously doesn't hurt. Just breathe. It'll be swollen for less than a week afterwards if you take care of it correctly no biggie, just don't try to eat the same day, I did that it wasn't cool. It hurt and all I got down was like 5 fries.:D
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2007, 06:16 PM
    I've had my tongue pierced twice. The first time they used the clamp, the second time they didn't use the clamp. It was better for me personally when they Didn't use the clamp. You don't get the natural reflex to pull your tongue back into your mouth. So if you can request them to not use it, that's what I'd do. Even if they do use it, its not that bad. Just make sure you breathe normally and keep your heart rate down. Don't freak out on them because if you do they won't do it. Afterwards, try not to eat any solid food, at least not that same day. Any food that you get stuck in it will only make it take longer to heal. Eat some ice and maybe some ice cream if you get that hungry. Also, take some Advil or Ibubrofen to keep the swelling down and take away some of the pain. With any piercing there will be some discomfort so it won't be completely painless, but the Advil will help.:)
    MrsHec4 Posts: 118, Reputation: 4

Jul 1, 2007, 12:35 PM
    I've had my tongue pierced 3 times (I would take it out and let it close for school or work), and it never hurt. I didn't even feel it the clamp hurts just a little bit but you won't feel the needle at all because your focusing on the pain from the clamp. Don't be anxious just relax it literally takes less than a minute. It may swell and become sore within the next few days but after a week it'll feel completely normal.
    stonewilder Posts: 420, Reputation: 99

Jul 1, 2007, 01:53 PM
    When I got my tongue pierced I was not at all scared till I got in the chair. Once he clamped my tongue I closed my eyes and held my husbands hand. I sat there with my tongue hanging out after he removed the clamp still waiting for him to stick the needle through. The guy told me to open my eyes, he looked at me smiling and said. "You know you're going to look real funny walking around with your tongue hanging out of your mouth like that." Once it was done I felt so silly for being so scared. I swear I didn't feel a thing! Some people told me I would hear a "pop" when the needle went through I never heard any such thing! My tongue only slightly swelled for about 4 days. For the first 3 or 4 days it felt like I had burned my tongue right around the ball, I just put a little Orajel on it and it was fine. Rather than paying all that money for their mouth wash get some non alcoholic Listerine from the store, it is much cheaper and last longer. Also no matter how badly you want to take the bar bell out, DON'T! About two or three weeks after I had mine pierced I was drinking. The bar bell made me feel like I was going to throw up so I took it out maybe 2 minutes. When I couldn't get it back in my cousin held my tongue out while my husband pushed it back through, that did hurt! Don't take it out! As far as eating, I ate grits that same night. It was a pain just because there was a foreign object in my mouth but other than that it was fine.
    MrsHec4 Posts: 118, Reputation: 4

Jul 4, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Yea u have to be real careful when eating I once chipped one of my molar teeth while eating some doritos. I bit down on the ball while chewing the chips and had to get it fixed. Also make sure to check the balls. Make sure they're always screwed on tight my sister swallowed one of the balls while eating some chicken, it obviously wasn't screwed on tight enough.
    twilightschild Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2007, 04:39 PM
    I got mine done 2 years ago. It was fast, I listened to my iPod, it was simple and not bad at all. Just make sure you keep it clean and use ice for the swelling :) Good luck!
    Tilly24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2012, 10:39 AM
    I'm getting my tongue peiced today so I know how you feel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got my tongue pierced how long does it take to heal and what can I use to clean it? [ 6 Answers ]

I got my tongue pierced how long does it take to heal and what can I use to clean it with and where can get the stuff I clean it with?:confused:

I pierced my own bellybutton! [ 2 Answers ]

Last night I tired piercing my own belly button with out telling my parents. I decided not to keep it, so I am closing it up. The only thing is that I am worried about infections and that I will have to tell my parents if it gets ifnected. Is it normal for it to be a little painful today? Help! I...

How to relax a stressed out husband [ 28 Answers ]

I need ideas. Ideas of how to keep my husband stress free. (if that is possible) We just found out that his stress level is dangerously high - to a point he could suffer a heart attack or stroke. (he's only in his mid 30's! ) So, what kinds of things do you guys do to decompress? I need all the...

I just got my tongue Pierced. [ 5 Answers ]

I just got my tongue pierced on the 15th and it doesn't hurt anymore. But today I discovered a bump in front of where the ring is and it was kind of transparent but then about an hour later the bump had turned yellowish and I don't know what it is or if its normal can somebody please let me know...

Can a navel be pierced 2x? [ 2 Answers ]

OK, so a year or even more ago, I went and got my navel pierced.. All went well, because it healed fast and didn't really get infected.. I was very happy with it, until someone commented negatively on it They said that the ring seems to be hanging by a very tiny section of skin, and wondered...

View more questions Search