Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nldaniels86 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Jun 13, 2007, 03:54 PM
    My miscarriage, but I want to try again
    I was on here about a month ago now, saying that I have tried for a baby for quite a few months... I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant, and that same week, I was bleeding, went straight to A&E and was confirmed a full miscarriage...

It absolutley killed me, I didn't know what to do, I blamed myself, other people, anyone who I thought of at the time. It was wrong of me, I know, but I now know that miscarriages happen for a reason, and it just wasn't the right time.

I asked the doctor when it will be OK for me to try again, as I don't want to give up hope, and I feel that one day I will have a baby. She told me that I can wait until I have my first period, or I can try again straight away, if I feel ready to...

I feel ready to, but I've read on the internet that trying straight away is not right! What does anyone think? I feel ready to again... I think
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 13, 2007, 04:03 PM
    I would wait until your first period. Then the old uterus lining would be shed and you would know better when you would ovulate. Not to mention it gives the body time to repair it's self.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Jun 13, 2007, 05:59 PM
    I had a missed miscarriage (didn't know I was pregnant) at the same time my period was due in Feb. We didn't really after that, but I ended up pregnant before my next period was due in March. I am now 15 weeks 5 days pregnant. My pregnancy has been completely normal and healthy so far. It would probably be best if you waited until you get your next period, but if you get pregnant before that chances are everything will be okay. If you have the go ahead from your doctor I would say you are fine.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2007, 06:30 PM
    I would say wait at least after two periods. That is my opinion and that was the advice given to my wife and I when our first baby ended in miscarriage, that is what our doctor told us. We were both devastated. We both handled things differently. You have every right to feel the way you did and you went through a greiving process that is normal when you experience this. Please do not feel bad about the things you thought of.

Just to let you know after our miscarriage we waited for a couple of months and we tried again. It took us 6 months to get pregnant and we now have a beautiful baby boy. He is almost 9 months old.

Never ever give up hope. Best wishes to you and I am sure you will be fine.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Miscarriage again? [ 4 Answers ]

I am wondering if I am having another miscarriage. I had been spotting for a week, just brown discharge, no bright colored blood. I thought this was odd and took a pregnancy test this morning to see if maybe I was pregnant. Well, I am. My husband and I made love, and afterwards there was blood,...

Could I be having a miscarriage? [ 1 Answers ]

I found out today that I am about 3-4 weeks pregnant. Yesterday, I started bleeding but just a little. Today the bleeding has been a little worse, but not too bad. I am cramping a little kind of like I am on my period, but the results still say I'm pregnant. Could I be having a miscarriage? ...

Possible miscarriage [ 4 Answers ]

About a month ago I thought I was pregnant because my period was late. The month before that it was late also and in December I did not receive one. I took a pregnancy test late February. The test was negative. Well my "period" came the other day but it is almost 3 weeks early. The "period"...

Miscarriage at 17 [ 6 Answers ]

I miscarried at three weeks a little while back. It has been since November so I thought that everything was over with. The miscarriage really took its toll on me, but I kept busy and tried to push it off. It did bother me though that I continued to have some strange differences in my body. Now...

Was it a miscarriage? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about six months now. I normally have a 25-26 day cycle. This month was 28, which I know isn't "abnormal." Also, it usually lasts no more than 4 days and is very light. Well, on day 3 I spent the entire morning up to 3pm with bright red blood and...

View more questions Search