Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srwbriezz16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 10:08 PM
    Why can guys be such jerks?
    I wouldn't normally be asking a question like this but I am in a delema and no one seems to know what to do. Anyway so there is this guy I know and we really started to hit it off this past month and I was sure he liked me back, but now he is acting all weird. He comes and hangs out with me in class but he acts like a jerk. I really like him but I am wondering if I should give up. To sum it up we used to be really close and now he is acting different, he will come and hang with me but won't talk back. So if you have any tips or suggestions...
    thanks
    mel_needs_your_help Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 11:21 PM
    Guys are strange and complicated maybe try and talk to one of his friends who you can trust and see how really feels about youso you don't end up wasting your time
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Jun 12, 2007, 11:23 PM
    Guys are jerks because they think it will make them look cool.
    wickedimp Posts: 57, Reputation: 14

Jun 13, 2007, 06:44 AM
    The guy probably feels awkward about his feelings for you and sees this vulnerability as a sign of weakness therefore a threat to his emerging masculinity... remember boys aren't as emotionally mature as girls of the same age so he's still a VERY young adult right now. Don't think it's anything you're doing wrong it's just his age, in five years he'll be sitting there in the evenings wondering how he could have been such an idiot.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 13, 2007, 06:54 AM
    Unfortunately many women are reinforcing the issue by dating these jerks. It certainly doesn't help that guys on this site openly recommend to other guys that they act like a jerk to 'get' women.
    Xaniz Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2007, 09:31 AM
    I did this to a girl once,

She and I were friends, but then she wanted to be more then friends, I didn't want to, because, honostly I didn't like her Aperance or most of her views, I was her friend because you should be nice to every one and give them a chance. She started asking me out and I said no, then she started asking me like 10 times a day, really making me mad, so then I wasn't her friend any more. I Then switched schools, and she even then found out my phone number and started asking me. Things like this just makes people mad.
    People say its not what's on the out side that matters its what's on the inside, well sorry folks, that only goes so far, no one wants to date frankinstein
    ponyta_509 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaniz View Post
    i did this to a girl once,

Seh and I were friends, but then she wanted to be more then friends, i didn't want to, because, honostly I didn't like her Aperance or most of her views, I was her friend because you should be nice to every one and give them a chance. She started asking me out and i said no, then she started asking me like 10 times a day, really making me mad, so then i wasnt her friend any more. I Then switched schools, and she even then found out my phone number and started asking me. Things liek this just makes peopel mad.
    peopel say its not whats on the out side that matters its whats on the inside,, well sorry folks, that only goes so far,, no one wants to date frankinstein
    Seems to me like your saying this because your proud of it
    ponyta_509 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 09:22 PM

I've been there. Met a guy that seemed really sweet for the first month of two, but he started getting angry at nothing and taking it out on everybody else making all of his friends hate him... I reached out to him and tried to make his life happier but he pushed me away and rudely dumped me. And now because of this boy, my opinion of guys is that every single one of them is just lying scum that don't even care about girls except toys to get pleasure out of. I don't ever want a relationship with a guy again. My advice to you, dump the a-hole and break his heart before he breaks yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Women are Jerks too [ 10 Answers ]

When a women breaks up with a guy, why does she still remember him even after years have passed? It could be from 2-10 years or a life time, and still she will never forget about him. Why do they want to get back with him? Is that why most women want to remain friends just in case the grass wasn't...

Why do people suck? [ 12 Answers ]

My sister had her baby at 8:49am it is now 9:35am. This is her 3rd baby and she turned 17 in February... Her first baby shae gave up for adoption her second one she kept and this one she gave up for adoption as well. When people ask me, "Is your sister keeping the baby?" I tell them the truth "No,...

Exgirlfriends suck [ 2 Answers ]

So... My boyfriend and I have been dating for awhile. The problem is is that his ex girlfriend literally lives two doors down from him. They dated for three years but broke up about 9 times throughout all of that. They constantly fought and he's told me that he would always be angry. Now we're...

View more questions Search