Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2007, 07:01 AM
    Very Important Warning!. NOT
    Please Be Extremely Careful especially if using internet mail. This information arrived this morning from Microsoft and Norton.

Please send it to everybody you know who accesses the Internet.

You may receive an apparently harmless email with a Power Point presentation " Life is beautiful. pps ".

If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES , and delete it immediately.

if you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying: " It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful", subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC and the person who sent it to you gain access to your name, e-mail and password.

This is a new virus ! which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon WE NEED TO DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO STOP THIS VIRUS.

AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the antivirus Software's are not capable of destroying it. The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself " life owner "PLEASE MAKE A COPY OF THIS AND SEND IT TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS and PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 12, 2007, 07:06 AM
    Benn, this is a HOAX.
    Please be very careful when posting warnings like this to ensure that they are REAL.
    This has been doing the rounds since Jan 2002!

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Life Is Beautiful
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2007, 07:09 AM
    Yes, the "AOL has confirmed the severity" should be a clue, who are they to confirm anything? And Norton? Soo 2002 !
    BossMan

Jun 12, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Yep I missed that bit.
    AOL wouldn't know a virus if it poped up with a big banner saying "I Am A Virus", nuch less how one spreads.
    Isn't AOL the largest user installed virus in the world anyway ;)
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2007, 07:18 AM
    So, this is a hoax? For a moment I carried away because I received this from administrator and thought it would be helpful...

Next I will double check, thank anyway..
    BossMan

Jun 12, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Wasn't [email protected] by any chance??
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2007, 07:38 AM
    No on my own network
    BossMan

Jun 12, 2007, 07:40 AM
    Hehehehe and I suppose you often have mails from admin ;)

My e-mail system doesn't have an admin account for this very reason.
    People know that if it comes from me then its REAL and IMPORTANT.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I do not know what to do... PLEASE HELP... (warning this is complicated) [ 14 Answers ]

OK, so I am very new to the whole "relationship" scene, I am 20 yrs old and just lost my virginity a month ago. I am a late bloomer yes, but I honestly wanted to wait to do the deed with someone I deeply cared about, and I can honestly say that I was falling in love with the girl I was with. The...

Warning: Do not read. [ 4 Answers ]

My nookie days are over, My pilot light is out, What used to be my sex appeal, Is now my water spout. Time was when, on its own accord, From my trousers it would spring, But now I've got a full time job, To find the blasted thing!

Warning: Kids should not look at this! [ 4 Answers ]

A sad discovery

Eviction warning [ 3 Answers ]

I have posted previously about my situation w/ the downstairs tenant and the exaggerated and ridiculous accusations brought against me, the eviction warning from my landlords lawyer, and the constant headache this has caused. I have done what I could to smooth the situation and remained polite and...

Miranda Warning [ 3 Answers ]

Do you believe use of the Miranda warning has increased or decreased the number of confessions obtained in criminal cases

View more questions Search