Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moomin007 Posts: 158, Reputation: 33

Jun 11, 2007, 04:10 AM
    UK bankruptcy rules
    Hello,
    I know that there is a charge to declare youreslf bankrupt in the UK. (circa £495 per applicant).

My question is this:

If you are delcaring yourself bankrupt, this genreally means you have no money to pay your debts. So what can you do if you don't have the money to lodge the cdecalration in the first place? Is there a way around this?

Any thoughts gratefully received!
    Moomin
    :)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 11, 2007, 04:33 AM
    Bankruptcy should be seen as a FINAL resort for financial hardship!

There are a number of ways of avoiding this and all of them are perfectly legal.
    They all involve some degree of work.

Now in answer to your question, there's always a way to get the fee together.
    The easiest one of course would be to simply use the payments for your creditors/rent/mortage.

If you are considering this course of action please PM me and I'll give you further help.

** Note: I am NOT a lawyer and my advice is offered as a concerned friends and NOT in any professional capacity for the UK ONLY **
    wickedimp Posts: 57, Reputation: 14

Jun 11, 2007, 04:47 AM
    Having been through a bankruptcy myself I can tell you that I would only consider such action if your debts are more than £20,000. There are alternatives to Bankruptcy such as IVAs which are well worth looking into.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 11, 2007, 04:52 AM
    Imp, there are now more alternatives than just IVA's ;)

There's also a number of other legal routes than can be taken, that until recently have been hidden from view by the finance houses of the UK.

One point is the refund of penalty charges applied to our bank and credit accounts.
    I have started a thread specically on this topic and I'm happy to offer advcie, please see my note above:
    Calling All Brits !!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Military rules [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone would the military accept a person into it's services that is a hermaphrodite ?

The Rules [ 1 Answers ]

More Signs Technology Took Over Your Life - You know Bill Gates' e-mail address, but you have to look up your own social security number. - You stop saying "phone number" and replace it with "voice number," since we all know the majority of phone lines in any house are plugged into...

Men's Rules [ 1 Answers ]

We've all heard about Women's thoughts about Men, but now, here are some Men's Rules: Please note.. these are all numbered "1", cause they are all #1. 1. Men ARE not mind readers. 1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it...

View more questions Search