Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    im1brwfn Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jun 10, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Guest wardrobe for late afternoon outdoor wedding
    I have been invited to an out of state wedding and will be taking the bus since I can not afford to drive with sky high gas prices. I am arriving the day of the wedding and the family has a chartered bus to take guests form the hotel to the church grounds where the outdoor 4 p.m.wedding is to occur due to major road construction projects. And then it will return us to the reception an hour away. The brides mom has forgotten to tell us how formal of an affair this is going to be... so what does one wear to an outdoor wedding at 4 in the afternoon. I do not want to offend anyone, but I have been on major weight lose routine and having lost 100 pounds and still have another 50 or so to go I am in between wardrobes. Any suggestions?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 10, 2007, 07:15 PM
    If you are a woman (you don't say gender) I would wear a pantsuit and comfortable shoes. Perhaps a blouse underneath so you can remove your jacket with the weather is too warm.
    Tootruetooblue Posts: 61, Reputation: 17

Jun 14, 2007, 10:19 AM
    I think a dressy pantsuit is fine, or you can wear a dress. I would suggest shoes that will not dig into the ground if you are standing on grass. For the dress, I would suggest something that will compliment your new figure and is very classic and tasteful - a silk or linen sheath with pearls. As another option a cute, colorful skirt with a matching fine gauge sweater set might fit you longer as you continue losing weight - skirts are easy to take in, and sweaters are not so tailored so you can still wear it a while as you loose more.

I would avoid cocktail dresses or anything glittery in case the event is not formal. If you like glitter, wear sparkly jewelry - if it's too much, you can take it off.

If you like a heel on your shoes, some more refined platforms (not too clunky) won't dig into the dirt and are in style.

Basically, I guess I would dress as you might for a ladies luncheon. You might consider having a wrap, jacket or cardigan in case it gets cool in the evening.

Another option is a suit - you can put a cute shell or classy (not too low cut and no bra straps showing) tank or silky or lace blouse under it to make it a little more party-like than you might wear it for work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outdoor late afternoon wedding in FL [ 4 Answers ]

My friends are getting married outside in Florida at 4pm, and their web page has suggested that it is a formal occasion. I just had a baby and don't really want to have to buy something new that I will only be able to wear once. Unfortunately, I don't have anything "formal" that fits properly. ...

Wedding guest issue [ 6 Answers ]

I need help! I am getting married for the first time this coming September to a wonderful man. We are paying for our wedding all by ourselves. Our wedding is only going to have about 150 people there, which believe me, with all our families and friends this is considered small. I do have 3 children...

Chronicles of Narnia, the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe [ 2 Answers ]

What was unusual about the conveyance used to pick up the children from the train depot?

Fall evening outdoor wedding [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I'm going to attend an fall evening outdoor wedding. The weather forecast tells me that it will be cold. Do I choose a dress, pant suit,? What about a wrap. My husband is the minister.

Varying your wardrobe [ 1 Answers ]

I have the following problem to solve and was wondering if someone could check my answers for me. Thanks. -Mr. Swenson packed 2 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, 2 sports jackets, and 2 ties for a trip. How many different outfits does he have that include one of each item? MY ANSWER: To answer this...

View more questions Search