Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sasha28 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 07:15 AM
    Am I pregnant
    Hi I'm on the pill but was antibiotics I didn't realise these affected the pill and me and partner had sex several time when I should have been on 7 day rule. My period is very very light its more like spotting which is unusual for me could I be prgnant. I took test and was negative but don't know if its to early. Please help thanks.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 18, 2009, 12:04 PM

Wait until you've had a missed period to take a pregnancy test. And use first morning urine.

How old are you?
    sasha28 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2009, 12:25 PM
    I'm 28.
    Vision Expert

Oct 18, 2009, 12:28 PM

Okay. I was assuming far younger based on the spelling and grammar. Please try to use the best spelling and grammar that you are capable of so that we may understand and help you better. What seven day rule are you referring to, please?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2009, 12:34 PM

And what lesson have you learned for the future? ALWAYS READ UP ON ANY MEDICATION YOU ARE TAKING. Every birth control pack I've ever taken (and I've taken a lot now) comes with info. Part of that info is that some antibiotics are known to make it less effective. Also, every antibiotic I've taken comes with a warning that it can make because less effective. So even if the dr and pharmacist both somehow forget to tell you, the information is still there for you. You should always read everything you can about any medication you are taking so that you can know how it may interact with other medications and any possible side effects you need to watch for.
    Vision Expert

Oct 18, 2009, 12:36 PM

Agreed, JC. Also, most doctors will ask what medications you are taking before prescribing a new one. When a doctor asks about medications always list your birth control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 11 weeks late normally have a period every month get the cramps like I'm going have one,but nothing I have three kids on my last I fell on the pill.took 2 test but came back that I'm not pregnant need advice please

Can I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there. I've been off the Pill for 2 months. My cycle is 29 days. I was supposed to start on the 19 March but nothing I did a pregancy test showed negative. The last week I was nauseus for 3 days and my nippels are sore as hell, very red and swollen. I don't have any other symptons. Could I...

Why can't I get pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

Me & my ex-boyfriend have being trying for 6yrs now and I can't get pregnant. Then all of a sudden we broke up because of the issue. He wanted a child bad. Then like a year later he had sex with two girls which both became pregnant. He's not sure if he's the father yet, because we both are the same...

I'm trying to get pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to get pregnant can someone help me me and my boyfreind never use condoms and he nuts in me every time:mad:

17 and possible pregnant ! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 17 and did it with out condom a couple times now my period came but it was kind of heavy but not really then really light then nothing after two days. Now my ovaries are hurting on the right side could I be pregnant Help I need to know

View more questions Search