Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AlisonMiller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Adoption of a soon to be husband
    My soon to be husband has been there for my son since Ive separated and divorced my ex husband who is in and out of mine and my sons life constently. My ex is in somewhere in California and I have no direct way to contact him. My soon to be wants to adopt him after we get married. How does this work and where do I start?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Hire an attorney, he will attempt to find your ex and get him to sign permission to adopt. Then he will take that and file adoption paper work with the court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adoption [ 7 Answers ]

I am 14 years old and I am adopted. I get nervous when I talk about it. What should I do to not be so nervous?

Adoption [ 2 Answers ]

I am a mother of a child now age 9. I do not know who the paternal father is. The birth certificate has no father name. I have recently got married and my husband would like to adopt my child. What do I do?

Adoption [ 2 Answers ]

How long do birthparents have to sign their rights away?

Adoption [ 2 Answers ]

I wanted to know can you explain to me what open adoption is

Adoption [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I was adopted 7 years ago with my twin. We were adopted from St.Petersburg, Russia and I really want to find my real Mom. I know that there might be a slight chance she could be dead because she was a serious heroin user. I am 16 and I feel like I am at a point in my life in which I am ready to...

View more questions Search