Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chimomma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2013, 07:27 AM
    Upstairs sinks extremely slow to drain
    Hi there!

We have a 2-story house with 2 bathrooms upstairs (one with double sinks). All 3 upstairs sinks (MB1, MB2, UB) have suddenly become very slow to drain (at least 20 minutes for half a bowl full of water), one toilet became clogged, and one overflowed without reason. The master bath is the one with double sinks (MB1 and MB2). We haven't used MB2 consistently for over a year because of a small leak under the cabinet, but have tried recently & it too is not draining. When water is run in the other upstairs sink (UB), MB1 gurgles. And we've noticed that MB2 will back up, but haven't noticed when that occurs.

Both upstairs showers seem to be fine. And all of the downstairs plumbing seems to be working normally - bathroom sink, toilet, laundry, dishwasher, kitchen sink. The toilet issues may be just be poor timing, but the upstairs sinks are definitely the main problem.

Any thoughts or suggestions? We were out of town for a few days (less than a week) and the trouble seems to have started when we returned. Likely coincidence, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Thank you!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2013, 12:27 PM
    Sounds like a clogged line. Since the toilet water level is lower than the sink it backs into the toilet. Since we don't have a plumbing diagram of your house it's tough to tell you where to start. However, I would find the main drain for the sinks and have someone auger it out. Sink lines are notorious for hair clogs. They can usually be cleaned out through the trap arm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower extremely slow to drain [ 2 Answers ]

I had a new bathroom fitted last year into the old box room, and everything has been working fine up until a few weeks ago. The shower is not draining away, I have thought it might have been a blockage so have done everything in my power to clear it, but nothing seems to work except the good old...

Vessel sinks slow drain? [ 5 Answers ]

I have installed two vessel sinks in our bathroom vanity. The drain is just and open type and there is no overflow. The sinks drain very slow, If I allow the water to raise half way or more it takes a few minutes to drain? Can this be improved? Lee in Nevada

All sinks, washer, and tub are slow to drain [ 3 Answers ]

Currently the sink is backing up. I just used the garbage disposal and put some spagetti noodles down. Then water backed up in the sink and also in the dishwasher. I checked the pee trap for clogs. I just put in new pee trap last month. Also new garbage disposal and dishwasher. In...

Slow drain both toilets, sinks, everything [ 2 Answers ]

I am fearing that in an effort to save time, I plugged up the mainline. I flushed some clumping kitty litter. It plugged the toilet. I plunged it like a hundred times. It freed. Fine for a couple days. Then, toilets fill up, don't go down right away. In the upstairs bathroom, if you...

Extremely Slow Shower Drain [ 5 Answers ]

The drain in my shower is extremely slow. I have tried using common liquid clog removers, but they have not helped one bit. I have also tried to use an Auger that I have, but I can get no further than a couple of inches into the drain. When I look down the drain there is actually water that is...

View more questions Search