Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martinh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 08:01 PM
    dogs mating twice and having 2 litters
    My dog recently had puppies and what is the probability that she got mated twice and the bigger puppies are from the first time she was inpregnated and the smaller puppies are from the second time 2 weeks later?
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

May 1, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Hi Martin,
    I'm not exactly sure of the commonality of such occurring, but it is certainly possible. I have an English Setter that got impregnated by both a Yellow Lab and a Rottweiler. She had four puppies, two from each father.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 1, 2007, 08:54 PM
    Yes it is quite possible.

It is also quite irresponsible to let it happen. Does it matter to you that we are slaughtering 10,000,000 dog as year for lack of homes? Many of them die in less than humane ways after a short, miserable life. This video is not for children, Brightlion | In Hope

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Dogs For Dogs [ 7 Answers ]

My 20 Month Old -13 Lb Female Shih Tzu Has Always Been A Picky Eater. Recently We Gave Her A Beef Hot Dog... she Won't Eat Anything Else. I Give Her 2 Hot Dogs At Noon & 2 At 6pm... she Lovvvvvvvvves Them & Is Happy As Can Be. Am I Feeding Her Too Much & Is She Getting Proper Nutrition? Thank You

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

Too Many Dogs? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have five dogs. The first one we got is a Yorkie/lasa mix His name is Teddy, he is about 18 months. We then got a Yorkie, Benjie, he is just a year+ then came a little Poodle, Peep and her brother Mr Brown, they will be one on February 1st. I am having a problem house training them all....

My neutered dog is mating! [ 2 Answers ]

Holy cow, what a week with the animals. A few months ago I took in a little stray, wild dog who was abandoned when her former "owners" (ha ha) moved away. She's come into heat. Yesterday I go outside to find my male NEUTERED dog tied to her. Today, same thing. My vet assures me he's shooting...

PVC to Cast Iron Drain Mating [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to mate a new 2" PVC drain into an existing 3" cast iron bell that is part of the 4"` cast iron vent stack. The previous arrangement was 2" galvanised into the bell, sealed with oakum and lead. I looked at the Fernco thick rubber gaskets but the cast iron bell seems a bit out...

View more questions Search