Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skunkman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Cooling options for upstairs
    I have an old house that always kept pretty cool during the Summer until I renovated going back and up.

This has resulted in a downstairs area with more north facing windows, and therefore it heats up more.

Upstairs is a nightmare – an oven.

I’m comfortable with getting refrigerated Air Conditioning for the Living area downstairs.

But upstairs is just 2 bedrooms, so we only ever sleep there. I tend to feel that refrigerate airconditioning up there would be overkill. What are my options? Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 19, 2007, 09:32 PM
    But upstairs is just 2 bedrooms, so we only ever sleep there.

If you sleep there just get a small wall/window unit to cool off the bedroom area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know my options? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey my name is lisa, I'm 21 years old and I'm having a baby. I never heard from the father in the last few months. We were together for a bit but then he decided to leave and I never heard from him since. I tried a million times to contact him to see if he wanted anything to do with the baby and...

Mobile home cooling unit not cooling [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a couple of mobile homes for rental properties. When we hade them inspected they said everything was in working order. When we moved in a tenet the first thing they complained about was that the a/c was not cooling during the day, but at night it was fine. We sent out a...

What are my options [ 7 Answers ]

The mother of my son has lied in court and to her family about me. She has taken my 3 year year old son away and refuses any contact with me or my family. I have had sole legal custidy of my 8 year old daughter for 4 years now and am worried about what her lies will do in regards of me having my...

Options? [ 3 Answers ]

I got into an ajustable rate mortgage 2 years ago. The rate was 7.3%, which, at the time was the best I could get with my bad credit. Now, the rate has jumped to 10.3% and I'm being told it will jump to 13.3% in another 6 months. I already could barely afford the payments before the first jump...

What are my options? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a B.A. in accounting and business (1996). I currently work for $11 an hour in the medical field processing Medicare/Medicaid claims for a private doctor. I would like to earn more money but am uncertain of the possibilities. Do you have any suggestions? I have considered starting my own...

View more questions Search