Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missing boys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 02:26 PM
    Wishing I could have my boys
    I'm trying to find out if I have a chance to get my boy's back?I was talked into letting someone adopt my children when I was not stable.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2009, 04:39 PM

Once they are adopted it is impossible to get them back.
    Are you allowed to have any communication with them?
    maryallen Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Feb 3, 2009, 05:06 PM

You must be devastated, sorry I can't help you but don't give up. It's only a piece of paper. If you want them back purely because you love them, then love conquers all. Live in faith that you will in the future be able to reunite with them. All the best.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 3, 2009, 05:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by maryallen View Post
    you must be devastated, sorry i can't help you but don't give up. it's only a piece of paper. If you want them back purely because you love them, then love conquers all. Live in faith that you will in the future be able to reunite with them. All the best.
    Although a very nice sentiment, it's not realistic.

That "piece of paper" is a legal document, and love won't conquer it.

OP, How long ago where they adopted?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 4, 2009, 09:32 AM

It depends on how long ago the adoption was--and it REALLY depends on whether you can PROVE that you were coerced into adoption.

Birthparents are asked at the time of relinquishment whether they understand that they are signing away legal rights to their children FOREVER. Even if you weren't stable, that is drilled into you in court--at least, it was drilled into me before I could sign my rights away.

If you are hoping to overturn an adoption that you VOLUNTARILY signed away your rights in, then you need three things:

1. Proof that you were coerced
    2. A very good lawyer
    3. A lot of money for court costs and your lawyer when this drags out over years because those children are loved by their adoptive parents as well--and they're going to fight for them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cartoon: fairy's and wishing on stars? [ 1 Answers ]

Now this movie I remember even less and what I do remember might not be correct. I think it's about little girls who when they sing this certain song and wish on a star they get a fairy who comes down and answers their wish. Anyone have a clue? I remember the friend that I watched this movie with...

Would you call this abuse or rape or boys being boys?AND AM I ALONE? [ 27 Answers ]

Grew up in a home where I didn't get much love/affection and I 'fled' perhaps, by dating only one serious boyfriend from age 16 - 26 (can you say LOSER?) who permitted me to sneak out at night to see him midnight until 2am at 16, who isolated me--alienated my friends, ran off other guys I was...

Was I Wishing For Lucas or Luke? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm one of those people who thinks something is a sign, like for instance, I just met this guy at the café I go to every night with my best friend to just hang out and relax. I thought he looked familiar and I thought he was cute. We didn't really talk while I was there until I met this girl and we...

Father of son wishing to relinqhish [ 3 Answers ]

The father of my son has approached a lawyer about terminating his rights to our son. I am not apposed to this, and the lawyer says that the father is willing to pay for the process. I'm just curious to if I need to obtain a lawyer of my own and if there is any court costs that I may be required to...

View more questions Search