Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    julio123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 08:14 PM
    Bank levy due credit card debt.
    Hi, I have a bank account with my wife, she got a debt since 2007, and we receive a letter from bank saying the account is overdrawn in 8000 due a levy. Also we receive a letter from court shown an index number.

My accountant made a mistake whe he did my taxes and the IRS sent me my refund to this account , and now I can't take this money out.

There is any way to fix this problem, or the debt collector will take my money as payment.

Please let me know what do I have to do.

Thanks,

Julio
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 15, 2009, 07:39 AM

They have a judgement, assuming they did proper notice and such the time to "deal " with them is way past.

Any money in that account is gone and now they may agree to a payment plan on the balance of what you owe.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 15, 2009, 07:45 AM

If the tax refund was from a joint filing, then its gone. Unless you can prove any other funds in the account were yours alone, they are gone.

Were you aware they had a judgement against your wife?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am being sued by Chase Bank for $26,000 credit card debt [ 2 Answers ]

I am being sued by Chase Bank for a debt I owe. It is around $26,000, I had this credit card for 17 years with a great payment history. I called my creditor and cancelled the account and I told them as soon as I find a job I will call them to make arragement they have decided to sue me. I am...

Being sued for credit card debt by law firm representing credit card company [ 7 Answers ]

Well, its happened. I have received a summons for a credit card debt by law firm. I have to go to the county court house to talk with the clerk... (not sure what will happen,never been sued before)If I don't go within 20 days, they say they will start proceedings to garnishing my wages. I do owe...

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

Credit Card Debt & Garnishing bank accounts [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served with a court appearance for credit card debt in the amount of 7K from Discover Card. I was diagnosed with lung cancer in July 2006 and had a large portion of my left lung removed. I did not work for nine months and had no income for that nine months. I was forced to default on...

View more questions Search