Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scorpio22 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 12:33 PM
    Plea bargain
    Hi guys.. my question is do you plea bargain when u enter a diversion prog for shoplifting where u donot plead guilty but do some charity work and donation and then your charges are withdrawn.. please advice.. thank you
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2008, 12:40 PM
    You should be able to tell the Judge that you have no income or very little and they can set you up on a payment plan like $20. A month until it is paid off but you can't be late on a payment without letting them know. You could ask about community service.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2008, 02:53 PM
    A plea bargain is basically an agreement between the DA and your attorney to a reduced charge in return for you pleading guilty, this is in the true meaning for the word. But it can also be what you are talking about, where your attorney and the DA work out a deal where you enter into a pretrial diversion program where you do the program and the case is dismissed after you do certain things)
    So yes, this is considered a type of plea agreement although it does not actually invovle a plea. ( think of a plea agreement as basically some agreement that results in the person charged not to stand trial by accepting some punishment instead of gong to trail.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No plea [ 2 Answers ]

I will not take a plea because I did nothing. They (the Cops) said I touched a ladies butt on a crowded train. Arrested me and the who none yards. So if there is trial there will have to be one because I'm not losing my life and career for some crap like that.

Plea Agreement [ 1 Answers ]

I have not had an indictment it has been over 6 months. I want to plea this out to felony probation. I have not had any prior felonys but I have had misdemeanors. I have been on misdemeanor probation and revoked it but sat my time out in jail. If the DA accepts a probation plea agreement and I...

Keeping their Bargain [ 4 Answers ]

I have been to court a couple of times to obtain my college transcripts... I neither one nor lost the case... In California, according to court system, I can get the cash equivalent of my transcripts as no 'in kind judgements are awarded'... I therefore settled my case with National University and...

Bargain spaa or jacuzzi [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find an unexpensive and/or used jacuzzi?

Plea bargaining [ 4 Answers ]

I have read and appreciate all of your replies!. I don't know if this helps to answer my question a little more. My lawyer and I were just starting to plea bargain ( they offered me 6 months to a year ( gun possesion)).. So what I really want to know is will there me additional charges on top of...

View more questions Search