Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noss Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Mushroom/Onion/Red Wine sauce for Steak, Etc.
    Hello!

Does anyone have a good recipe for a mushroom/onion/red wine sauce for steak? I've made a sauce with these ingredients before, but was just winging it.

I also put garlic in it once.

I know people might laugh that someone might ask for a recipe for something this simple, but I'm not much of a cook.

Thanks,

noss
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2008, 11:19 PM
    No one's going to laugh. I think that it's great that you are asking the question! :)

Hopefully, you will get lots of responses with other ideas. I will look forward to what they are. It would be great if we could have really good recipes for many things on this site, so that it could further work to be the best help desk on the Internet!

Jun 2, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Thanks Clough, for your kind answer.

noss
    MichelleD Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Sounds like your ingredients are halfway to your recipe already. I'm figuring this for 2 servings: Put about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet. Brown a clove of garlic, minced, just till slightly brown. Add about 1/2 of a medium onion, sliced (or whatever way you want it) and about 6 mushrooms, sliced. Add some salt and 1/2 tsp. of an herb like tarragon or marjoram or oregano (they're all good, but only choose one.) Sauté it all for a few minutes till the mushrooms are cooked to the way you like to eat them. Lower heat, add about 1/2 cup of beef broth (the best is to mix up some of that "Better Than Bouillon" stuff that comes in a jar so you can make it a little stronger than regular broth) with a tablespoon of flour (be sure the broth is cold or else the flour clumps) Pour that onto your 'shroom mixture in the skillet, bring it to a fast boil and let the flour thicken it up then lower the heat and add the red wine to get it to the consistency you want. Fresh ground black pepper on top as you serve it is great. Good luck.

Jun 3, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Hello MichelleD, Thanks so much for the recipe. Sounds tasty.

noss

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking wine vs dry red wine [ 16 Answers ]

Hi all: Thank you for reading/responding to this post. I am making what I hope will be a rich, yummy roasted onion soup... the recipe calls for dry red wine... my wife picked up a red cooking wine... will this work, or be too strong? Or should I just go get that dry red wine..? Any help...

Easy Tomato Sauce [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there looking for an easy pasta sauce... hate wasting my money on pesto etc... Many thanks

Mushroom Cultivation [ 4 Answers ]

Sir, I want to start to grow the mushrooms in my house. I want to know the details for the same.

Enquiry about mushroom cultivation methods [ 1 Answers ]

Respected sir, I request you to send me details of different cultivation methods of mushrooms in home environment under Indian climate.Also give addresses of different agencies who can buy mushrooms.also I want to know whether I can grow mushrooms in coconut fibre waste.will it...

Is Hot Sauce Bad For Dogs? [ 4 Answers ]

My 13 week old Dane gets in to and onto every thing. He had a taste of some hot sauce. Don't know if if will hut him,aside from the burn. Are there any dangers? Thanks

View more questions Search