Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SuperDry18 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2009, 07:21 AM
    I think I fancy my best friend.or is it normal to be jealous of her girlfriend?
    I think I'm in love with my best friend. All my life I have fancied girls, but I am highly confused about my sexuality.
    I just hope to god that I don't turn out to be A-sexual! :confused:

Anyway, me and my best friend have been really close for about 2/3 years now.. she is a Lesbian. I have close relationships with other friends but I don't feel as close as them as her, like I can cuddle her and fall asleep with her cuddling and it wouldn't feel awkward..

However, last year she got a girlfriend. At first I wasn't bothered because I didn't think they would last (judging from her love life, nothing really lasted long it was always a fling) nothing could separate us! But she's fell in love with this other girl! And I've found myself being really jealous of them both...

We spent everyday last year together and it was great and I loved it! But this summer, all she seems to do is spend time with her girlfriend and I hardly see her AT ALL. It's weird!
    We always say to each other "i love youu" in front of people and stuff, but not towards anyone else.

As soon as she started saying it to her girlfriend I felt really jealous! (Her girlfriend is one of my friends.. )

Sometimes I find her looking attractive and I think things she do are really cute! But on the other hand, I couldn't imagine having sex with her. But I couldn't imagine having sex with anyone really!
    I never used to feel this way about her..
    Apart from when I met her when I was 15 and I fancied her because she was the only lesbian I knew until I met other lesbians, which is when we became really close.

She has admitted that if I looked how I did now at the age of 15 then she would have fancied me

She used to joke and say things like "haha maybe you go off people easily and dont like anyone because you're secretly in love with me"
    At the time I used to laugh and be like "haha yeah right."
    But months have passed since she said that.. and I'm starting to wonder if really I really do like her?

I have moaned to my mum/friends that she spends everyday with her girlfriend and I never see her, their reply is always "well it is her girlfriend" . It makes me want to slap them in the face!:mad:

CONFUSION!
    Sorry for the long thread!

SuperDry18 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2009, 07:23 AM

p.s I'm 18
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 1, 2009, 07:40 AM

If it were her BOYFRIEND, would you feel the same way?

Of course you're jealous--but her relationship with her girlfriend is different than her relationship with you.

I suggest you cultivate other friendships, personally, while still spending time with your good friend when she is available.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Jul 1, 2009, 05:08 PM
    Well, let's see here... if you're fancying anybody, that means you're not asexual. Moving right along, being jealous of your friend's girl friend does not necessarily make you gay. It's your friend's attention being diverted away from you. Girls of any orientation might be jealous of this event. If you fancy your friend, ie: imagine yourself with her sexually, that's a different ball-game. Then, you are probably gay. I suggest you see a counselor to sort your thoughts about your friend and her girlfriend. I hope things work out for you... I know how confusing things can be!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I a jealous girlfriend or do I have issues? [ 8 Answers ]

I am 25, well-educated, good-looking, have a good job and great boyfriend. I find myself looking for problems in my life. I am starting to do it in my relationship. When I met my boyfriend I was afraid that eventually I would feel jealous, or obsessive--and I did. I find myself always...

I'm a jealous girlfriend. I'm not normal [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone help me? I don't know why excatly, but jealousy and insecurity has ruined everyone of my relationships so far. I don't believe I am unattractive except for my weird nose. I'm 18. I love my boyfriend who I am currently with, but he keeps trying to leave me be he says I'm a lunatic when...

I'm gay and I fancy my best friend [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I recently turned 15 but I've known I'm gay for about 3 years now. My life is very complicated yet simple in the eyes of the people around me. Being this young and gay and in the closet is so hard and people just don't understand how hard it is. Anyway... I have 2 similar problems.. 1. I have a...

I think I fancy my best friend [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am 16 and I think I fancy my best friend. We have been friends for 5 years now but I have found myself thinking about her in a sexual way if you know what I mean. She has always been there for me when I have needed her, she tells me that I can tell her anything but if that's true how do you...

View more questions Search