Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    koteczek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 02:40 PM
    My boyfriend is hiding from me on the Facebook
    Ive been with my boyfriend on and off for five years. Initially he was on the Facebook and I wasn't interested in it but after a while I decided to join it. That's when my boyfriend said I would be only doing this to spy on him, weird right? So he deleted his account or blocked me I can't tell. My friend request was pending for a year, he just got back on it yesterday he says and accepted my friend request and I see posts from 7 months ago, talking to a woman, he says she's an ex of his friend, the conversation was what are you up to tonight etc. I said I'm not too happy with the fact that he hid from me on the Facebook while talking to someone else. He got really defensive, called me paranoid, and broke up with me. Its not the first time we broke up but this is really suspicicious don't you think?
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2010, 03:18 PM

I think that it's a sad sight to see a website be a "relationship barometer". If this relationship is being judged on how he acts, or responds, to a 12 month old "friend request" (ridiculous in the first place), it's time to move on.

Of course he is talking to other women, that's why he's so secretive.

If it's been "on and off for five years", turn it off, and leave it off.

Good luck to you.
    ellen0 Posts: 18, Reputation: -4

Jun 12, 2010, 03:59 PM

You don't mean the same to him that he does to you. Just accept that or block him so you don't get upset.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Jun 12, 2010, 04:47 PM

Seeing as this on/of relationship has come to a place where you judge stuff that you've seen on Facebook.. well I think its time for you to either trust him or get out of the relationship all together.

To be quite honest with you:

An on/of relationship that has lasted for 5 years... where is it really going? And are you using this as an exchuse to NOT trust or to get out of the relationship?

If the answer to the latter is YES than save yourself some trouble (READ: obsessing over old messages between him and a woman) and just get out.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 12, 2010, 05:54 PM

I don't think its so suspicious at all, because obviously what he does when your off, is none of your business.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jun 13, 2010, 02:03 AM

If you've been on and off for the last 5 years I would say that speaks for itself, you're casual in his eyes, until he finds someone he wants to make long term then you'll be dropped like a hot potato, do yourself a favour bow out gracefully. You'll only prolong the inevitable if you don't.
    koteczek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 03:31 AM

Thank you all for your reply-its good to get different perspective on things and move on.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2010, 06:07 AM

I'm glad that you found our advice helpful. Moving on does seem like a good option in your case! Best of luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find someone in hiding [ 13 Answers ]

As my topic says I am trying to find someone that I believe is in hiding Ive tried looking up information but I can't find anything current.

2 years of hiding [ 23 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for more than 4 years and I love him a lot. Two years ago, however, I cheated on him. Because my boyfriend values loyalty a lot, and had made it clear from the beginning that if I ever had sex with anyone, he would break up with me. Hence, I decided to hide my...

Hiding in a relationship [ 6 Answers ]

I have lied to my boy friend before about a few things and later I have admitted that I have lied to him and I told him the truth.. but I haven't told everything about the truth... is it okay if I ignore a few things in a relationship and keep things to myself?

Is she hiding something [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my friend Raven have... or HAD a really close friend and all of a sudden she just started acting really different. I mean she doesn't really talk to us as much, she doesn't goof off with us anymore, she doesn't even laugh at anything funny we do. We really feel like she is hiding something...

View more questions Search