Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    feylight Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Feb 21, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Duet F02 Error Code - Drain Filter
    Can anyone tell me how to check the Drain Filter on my Duet Washer? I found the Code key but Ican't find any directions on how to check the filter. There are some other possible causes but I just washed the dog beds and I am pretty sure that this is the reason I am having problems.
    feylight Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2007, 08:18 AM
    I found the answer to this in the epinion reviews. I found a sock and much dog hair in the drain and now it is working fine. You will need to remove the bottom front panel by taking out 3 star head screws on the bottom of the panel near the floor and the panel will come right off. Then there is in the bottom center a white plastic cylindrical piece 2-3" in diameter with a screw cap, remove the cap and clean the filter. You may want to have some towels handy as the water gushed when I took mine off. Also, be sure to unplug the unit before doing this.:o
    Ouch Dang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2008, 05:06 PM
    1. Use a shop vacuum to suck the water out of the drain hose. This reduces the water that runs out when you open the drain pump filter and it might remove a clog from the drain line.

2. Remove three torx screws to take of the toe panel on the front of the washer. If you have the machine on a pedestal, open or remove the drawer to get it out of the way.

3. Unscrew the cover on the drain filter. If you didn't follow step one have a towel ready. Remove the pennies, screws, ball point pens, etc from the filter. Look for clogs.

4. If the problem reoccurs you probably need to replace the pump. I ordered one from an appliance parts store on the internet for over $100. The current pump model # in 280187 at various part stores.

5. Remove the little screw just under the drain plug and unhook the unit from the bottom of the washer. This will allow you to turn the unit a bit to reach the clamps that hold the hoses in place.

6. Removing and replacing the hose clamps is the only hard part. It might help to have a small pair of vise grips - I used channel-lock pliers and they kept slipping. Putting a bright work light inside helped. I was tempted to replace the original clamps with small radiator hose style clamps.
    jcdinkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2009, 01:48 PM
    I'd like to thank you for your explanation of how to fix this problem. It is 5 days before Christmas and our Duet started with the F02 code and the washer was not draining or spinning. The filter was loaded with junk and I cleaned it out according to your instructions and it fixed me right up. Thanks again.
    alibux Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2010, 06:06 PM
    Thank you so very much for the answers. These helped me immensely. We started getting the F02 code and the machine's pump was making loud noises and it was taking ages for the cycle to complete. I found this page, and followed the steps to remove the front panel and clean out the filter which happened to have a sock stuck in it! Once the filter was cleaned, the machine ran normally. Before finding this page, I was stressing about paying someone big $$ to come in and fix the issue. Thanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 honda accord error code 9 [ 9 Answers ]

I bought a 91 honda accord its giving a aerror code 9 and seems to shift a little out of time. Are these related to the error code or should I look at the tcu for repair. Anyway help I just want to et rid of my error code:eek: :cool:

PS2 content filter DEFAULT code [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know what the content filter DEFAULT code is for PS2? I'm trying to watch a DVD and I can't unlock it. My mom said she never put a code on it, and I tried codes like 0000 and 9999 and almost everything in between. Its probably changed from the last owner (because its used), but just in...

Toyota Duet 1998 Check Light 8 Code [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Friends I Want To Know This That My Toyota Duet 1998 Is Not Getting Started When The Ignition Is Turned On THere Is No Cranking Only The Engine Check Light Starts And It Blinks up to 8 times. What Does It Means? Any Help Considered As a Favour:) reply me plzzzz ...

Po445 error code [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to trouble shoot this code? Just had the PCM replaced and then got this error. Thanks

View more questions Search