Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nrm78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2009, 06:03 PM
    Can my x get alimony?
    I lost my home and car. I have nothing and have not been able to find work. My exwife is sueing me for $750 / mo alimony. I can't even afford an attorney. Can she get this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 4, 2009, 06:20 PM

Losing your home and car does not effect really.

They will look at how long you were married, what her income was during the marriage, and what all of the income is now.

There will be a system used by each state to determine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Law Alimony [ 1 Answers ]

Can one pay alimony from there disability checks? Is is still possible to garnish disability checks, they were married over 30 years, and he left her for someone else.

Sue for alimony [ 4 Answers ]

I married in the State of Virginia, on 1 December 2008. My question is: If I divorce my husband on the grounds of drinking and abuse, could he sue me for alimony? We bought nothing together, I owned everything before we married. He did not have a job, but now he does.

Alimony [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Advice, I divorced and live in California, due to the high cost of living, I am contemplating to move back home in Texas. Can my ex-husband ask the court for the amount of alimony awarded be adjusted? Since then, I have also earned my Bachelor’s in Science in education but, is still not...

Alimony [ 2 Answers ]

HEllo, I am having a problem with my alimony. See I pay on a regular; but now I have a new woman in my life and she is pregnet. I was wondering is there any way to lower my alimony payments or to stop them in any way? I have two step kids as well and I am trying to remarry, so I would like to...

View more questions Search