Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellsburg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2011, 01:46 PM
    Is my girlfriend lying to me?
    I cheated on my girlfriend on halloween. But after times of breaking up and taking me back we eventually got back together.

About a month later, my girlfriend and her roommate got in a fight and I found out that she cheated on me after I cheated on her.

That's what she told me but everyone else was saying that it was not just the one time and that she had been cheating on me the entire time with her apparent best friend.

I questioned her about this, and she denied it several times. She finally told me that she slept with him a couple times before we were really dating and just fooling around.

People still tell me that it is even more than that, but the only person that knows the facts is the her old roommate and could very easily trying to get back at her.

She claims that it is only the times that she is telling me and that she still loves me. I want to believe her and trust her cause I still love her too. But I don't want to have it so that she was actually cheating on me the entire time or that she cheats on me again.

I told her I needed sometime apart and that she could no longer see or talk to her guy friend that she was sleeping with.

Is it worth staying with her or is this all just too much drama and I should cut it off?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 7, 2011, 01:51 PM

Maybe your question should be, "If I stay with her, will I ever trust her again?"

Her question is, "If I stay with him, will I ever trust him again?"
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2011, 01:54 PM

Just my opinion here, but if you both think so little of each other that you both would cheat, then what is the point of being in a committed relationship. Perhaps at this point in your lives neither one of you are really ready to be in a serious type relationship.
    ironhide262 Posts: 277, Reputation: 243

Jan 7, 2011, 01:59 PM
    OK... well, you cheated on her and she did the same to you. Does it really make a difference who did it first? When all the cheating happened you never knew all the information you know know.

Basically, what this means is YOU ARE BOTH just a couple of CHEATERS. In an odd sort of way it makes you perfect for each other... and then it doesn't.

She cheated on you once so, why not again and she is probably thinking the same thing about you as well.

What the both of you need to do is separate from each other, don't date anyone for a while and redefine what you want in a relationship( paying particular attention to values and boundries). Good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 7, 2011, 02:34 PM

I doubt if two cheaters will ever work out, but you deserve each other really as its poetic justice that you don't trust each other. That's better than screwing up the life of two partners that want to be faithful though.

If you had any sense of decency though, you would leave each other alone until you can be faithful, instead of selfish.
    LightCross Posts: 87, Reputation: 29

Jan 8, 2011, 10:13 AM
    'Do not do to others what you do not want others to do to you' I guess this is one quote that perfectly describe the situation you experienced right now. You cheated on your partner and now you can't accept it and feel down when she cheated on you? Sorry but I thinnk you both must learn to be more faithful and improve yourselves first before you continue relationship.
    ja77 Posts: 250, Reputation: 36

Jan 8, 2011, 10:49 AM

I think you have both lost trust in each other and it looks like a relationship that would take a lot of work to make this work.

So the question I guess is can either of you trust each other and do you want to put the time and effort into the relationship to make it work?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend is lying [ 8 Answers ]

So my girlfriend and I have been dating over the internet for four months now. She has told me that she lives in Spain. (I am 13 and she has told me she is 14) We have never actually spoke but we have swapped pictures. She hadn't been on in awhile (3 days) so I decided to check her IP so I could...

Lying girlfriend [ 15 Answers ]

Hi all can I just say I think this site and everyone who is a member on it are great to have to come to for advice, first time using something like this so here goes. . This is a sort of long story but basically I started going out with a girl at xmas last year after I had just came out of a long...

Is he lying about having another girlfriend? [ 5 Answers ]

I just started dating this guy 2 months ago. On the first date we had sex and it was earth moving. He told me he wanted to "be my man" but he has never asked me out on another "real date". We have met for drinks after work a couple of times and sometimes I will see him briefly if he stops by for a...

Lying girlfriend [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend of two years lies to me constantly. We have 5 mo old child. She cheated in her last . She lies even when the truth will do. I don't feel ike I can trust anything she say's. Will she cheat on me? What should I do?

View more questions Search