Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DRSwin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Air Ducts in old Ranch House
    I have a ranch house built in the early 1970's in northern California. The air ducts are an open channel down the hallway with vents to each room. They are framed with wood and sheetrock. I want to replace this. Any suggestions?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 29, 2008, 08:33 PM
    You could use some good grade flex duct to replace it with. The flex is already insulated and sheet metal boots are made for round flex to attach to. I would buy the highest R rate flex. It may cost a bit more but you will have a lot less heat and A/C loss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Building UP on a ranch [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. We are looking at a ranch that was built in 1948. It has no basement. The current structure is 2400 square feet, hardwood floors and seems pretty solid. How do we get a ballpark on how much it would cost to build up. THere is some room to build out, but I am not sure we could get what we...

Flying Gable added to existing ranch house? HOW? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Could you tell me how to add a flying gable (Cath. Ceilings) to an existing ranch house? We are being told that it cannot happen and we would like pictures of someone that has done it and also some suggestions! Thanks so much! Chelsea

Ranch additions [ 2 Answers ]

My home is a 1000 square foot ranch with a breezeway and attached approx. 24x24 ft 2 car garage. What I'm wondering is what the cost would be to put on an unfinished second story across the whole house. I know that the foundation for my garage is good for a 2 story structure. Also the cost of an...

Add character to front of ranch house [ 2 Answers ]

My '70's vintage ranch house is plain in front. Flat-screen look with no architectural detail to add interest at the front door What can be done within reason to spice it up with an architectural feature. Roof is standard with good eave overhangs.

Cathedral ceilings in a ranch [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought my grandmothers 1960 ranch. I would like to install a cathedral ceiling in the living room area, is this possible for a Do it yourselfer? It has bolted 2x6 W truss roof I am looking to do approx 15 foot wide section. Would a wall out of 2x4's for the sheet rock at the center beam be...

View more questions Search