Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ANITA ROBINSON Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2007, 02:42 PM
    I Would Like To Take Off My Son Biological Fathers Name And Put My Husband Name
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 12, 2007, 02:46 PM
    For this to happen the biological father will have to voluntarily relinquish his rights so that your husband can adopt your son.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 12, 2007, 02:49 PM
    First, its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. So I've moved this to its own thread.

Second, as J_9 said your husband has to adopt your son. This means gettng an atty to file adoption papaers. It also means the bio father has to relinquish his parental rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I change my son's surname on his birth certificate [ 12 Answers ]

My son was born in 2001 and due to very personal circumstances his father remains unknown. At the time of his birth I gave him my married surname because that is the name I was using then. I have since gone back to my maiden name and would like to have his surname changed to MY maiden name as well,...

Birth Certificate [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé just left for Iraq this week. We are expecting a baby in November. Since we aren't married how can he be put on the baby's birth certificate?

Birth certificate [ 5 Answers ]

As an adult is there any way to get your parents names off your birth certificate? Can that area of the birth certificate be blank?

Birth Certificate change [ 1 Answers ]

I have a three year old with no father on his birth certificate. I am married now with a 3 months. Old. My husband wants to sign my oldest son birth certificate. Is this allowed by law? There is no established father for my son. Thank you. (I live in Miami, FL)

View more questions Search