Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicollasvencato Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Security downloads
    Hi everyone again

I have a problem with security downloads with the yellow and red shield on the tool bar:::no names mentioned but you know who:::

They appear to be slowing my machine down and drinking up my hard drive storage space like no tomorrow...

Can any one tell me the deal here... my dad said that these downloads are like a sack of spuds... everyone wants the baking potatoes the little ones are where the weight is...

I can't get broadband where we live so we are on dial up... my dad has already busted one of our machines with this problem...

Surely a good security antivirus will do instead of these silly downloads...

Can anyone be straight about this and help me out

Cheers

Nicky... +++
    S Templar Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Mar 31, 2007, 03:57 PM
    A good anti-virus will guard your system against viruses.
    What of Spyware?
    Download.
    Spywareblaster.
    http://www.safer-networking.com/spywareblaster.htm
    Spybot Search and destroy.
    The home of Spybot-S&D!
    frien_dd Posts: 62, Reputation: 0

Apr 3, 2007, 08:52 AM
    If you are on about the updates from Microsoft
    They are fixes to problems that happen to the PC.

Have you got a legit XP.

They shouldn't take up too much space.

You can turn off the updates by going through start/setting/control panel/updates.

When he busted the last problem Where you getting a error message with the internet then it would close down after about 15mins use.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 3, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Contact Microsoft, or the PC maker.
    nicollasvencato Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 12:27 AM
    Further questions and thankyou's to security downloads
    Hi
    Guys thank you to all for replying, love the bike friend dd...

Re my download problams... yes I know the system restore will bring the file usage back down to negligible use of the HD

But what happened was we were getting files stored on the add/remove programme window by the bucket load not showing any format or usage... we presume now motherboard/or hard drive faliure...

The syatem was crashing after being reduced to operating at a snails pace... the company who issues the downloads... we knowwho they are... have stated that you take them at your own risk..

I wondered whether anyone else out there had similar problems...

Thank you simon templar and the others for replying... I have not worked out how to thank you for your responses on this system...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie Downloads [ 1 Answers ]

How much space will downloading a movie onto a PSP take? I bought a 1.0GB memory stick PRO Duo and I want to make sure it will hold at least one movie and some music videos before I open it. Thanks.

Movie downloads [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,can anyone tell me if it is possible to download movies of the internet without the use of a credit card? I am asking because I don't own one thanks

Video Downloads [ 4 Answers ]

When I download any type of video from the internet (e.g. music videos, movies), the quality when played seems to be bad. Are all videos supposed to be blurry because they are compressed? Is there any way to fix this? Will the quality be better once burned in a high quality format? Please help...

Spyware downloads [ 8 Answers ]

How much better are the copies of Adaware that you have to pay for compared to the free version you can download online? Someone told me today that the free version online wouldn't hardly help you out at all. I downloaded my version from the internet and it works for me just fine. The other...

Music etc. Downloads [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in anyone's experience of downloading this unlimited service from:- http://www.radiohangout.com/133.html Is it worthwhile and genuine? George H.

View more questions Search