Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ccabra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2009, 02:49 PM
    Pomeranian loss of appetite
    Why won' otherwise healthy 13 y/o pomeranian eat?
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Mar 10, 2009, 03:08 PM

There can be a multitude of things that are affecting your dogs appetite such as an illness or it could simply be picky. Could you give us a little more information so we may be able to get a better understanding of what's going on?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 10, 2009, 04:57 PM

Had to spread the rep but I agree with Silver.

We cannot give an answer based on the info you've given.

Have you taken your dog to a vet? How long has this been going on? Have you recently changed dog food? Has your dog undergone surgery, been on meds, hurt herself any other way? Is there a new member in the family? Have you recently moved?

We really need a lot more info.
    Darlyene Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Mar 15, 2009, 11:35 AM

Older Pomeranians are notorious for losing their teeth. Take your Pom to the Vet and have him check his/her teeth as well as the normal Vet check up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Vommiting and loss of appetite [ 1 Answers ]

Okay I think I have a very sick cat on my hands. He is 16 and I rescued him about three months ago. For the past three days he will not eat and I haven't really seen him drink anything. The three months that I've had him he will not eat dry food so I feed him wet food with chicken on top. He...

Loss of appetite [ 1 Answers ]

My dog has lost his appetite, is losing weight, is constipated and excessively thirsty. What's wrong with him?

Loss of appetite and lethargic [ 1 Answers ]

My cat who was just neutered and declawed on Thursday October 18, 2007, has since had a total loss of appetite and sleeps 23 hours a day. She was released from the vet 2 days after surgery and was given Amoxicillin and Torbugesic for pain. After she was home for a day is when she seemed to start...

Loss of appetite [ 1 Answers ]

My 9 y/o Dalmatian has recently stopped eating her food. She drinks a lot of water. She has been eating cat droppings from a litter box and I recently gave her a dewormer. Could she have an upset stomach from the cat's poop and litter or is there something more wrong?

View more questions Search