Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marriaget Posts: 84, Reputation: 7

Jul 24, 2008, 05:49 PM
    why are most of the teens I know like this?
    I live in some stupid neighborhood in NJ... filled with latinas... n latinos (I'm not one)
    I'm not a racist or anything, but these latinas/latinos are giving me a bad thinking style of all of them. I never think 100% of them are stupid... but ugh! There are like these ghetto blacks here too, well actually ghetto whites... just ghetto-wanna-be's.
    Here, everybody like 8th gr... or a freshman in hs... had sex or w/e.
    -_______________________________________________-
    I feel like a total loser for not doing it, well I'm like 12, about to be 13.
    I've been curious about it, but I definetely know that I'm wayyyy too young.
    I've been watching these HIV, std... shows... telling you about it.. and pregnancy.
    I'm def, going to get tested with my "partner" later... and use protection lol
    anyway, the people here like.. if you say bad things about you they want to fight you
    I think that's ridiculous, if people are saying bad or untrue things about you, screw it, don't pay attention. What is fighting going to solve? They just want a cool "rep".
    Stuff over here is so stupid, it makes me feel like I'm trapped in a world of idiots.
    I'm keeping my hopes up of moving out of this stupid place when I get to HS.
    People here look as if they're never going to get anywhere in life.
    I have a dad with a PHD, step mom with a PHD, mom with a masters degree.
    Half sister in the Army. I'm no idiot here, but I'm surrounded by them! This year in school I really mest up my grades! (bcuz of hanging out with the wrong crowd)I'm usually like 1st honor student.. ugh. I got to work my off, no more slacking. I tend to get obsessed over guys. >.< ughh why are these people like this? Are they really idiots? Do they like this? Has the world gone mad! O.o
    sorry... haha ^-^ any answers?
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 06:08 PM
    It's the environment dear. People around you behave like that because that's what they grew up with. What is weird to you is normal to them because they're used to it.

You remind me of myself when I was 13. When I was 6 my parents lived with my father's relative in some poor town, here in the Philippines. My father's relatives were not rich but they are resourceful, hardworking and most of all, intelligent. I was good in school then and the town expects from us at the end of school year. Honor roles we're mostly us since we all attend the same school. When my mother left town, she took me and lived in the environment totally opposite, pretty much like yours now. Unlike others, I had a good training in life so I wasn't easily swayed with peer pressure and need for belongingness. I knew then what will do good for me.

Looking back, I was way different 20 years ago. If I didn't aim to be better, I may be still eating rice with a salt. Thanks for my relatives who influenced.
    theguywithnolife Posts: 82, Reputation: 10

Jul 24, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Kids are Idiots sometimes, Yes the environment as something to do with it but mostly they just Think its cool to be like all the "Rappers" and such...
    Just don't pay attention to it. If they want to end up in jail thinking its "Gangsturr" then hell let them do it, Just do your work make sure your names on and turn it in on time :D

That just my 2 cents, and trust me its practically the same here in Tennessee

Jul 24, 2008, 06:12 PM
    thanks ylaira, I understand... it just frustrates me! I feel as if everyone is a moron!
    If some of these children had a better family, I doubt they'd be like this! Yeah... anyways... thanks<3 =]
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2008, 06:19 PM
    You seem intelligent for a 13 yr old. Keep it up. Thank your daddy because he wasn't "ghetto" on his teens.

Jul 24, 2008, 06:25 PM
    ^^ ha, thanks. I'm just slacking on grammar. I'm good at it, I'm just lazy. -_-
    Well, yeah I do. He just has anger issues... not even kidding! Lol =]
    NallaNeedsYou Posts: 162, Reputation: 9

Oct 14, 2008, 12:55 PM

I just turned 14 and I never thought there would be such a helpful site in the world! I hope I can help. I never fitted in with the crowd, because I'm not fit and not cool the girls weren't interested. Its pathetic! You sound like a really intelligent and thoughtfull person. Your not shallow like them and you have an understanding of why they act so stupidly which is all good. But I don't know how much I can help because no one my age seems to be mature enough just to have a conversation. They are all just acting really cool just for female attention which is then diverted to the new fit guy! I haven't met anyone who I can talk to or trust or even think about having a relationship with because they are all so fukikg immature! I hope that you find someone who is like minded and has enough curage to go against the crowed and live his own life without peer preasure etc. I haven't had a girlfriend and I'm glad because it has made me a lot nore mature than all the cool boys and it will meen that when I meet someone I can relate to I will be a nicer person and I will be able to offer a meaningfull relationship! I hope this helps. It has deffinantly helped me to know there are other people who arnt so immature and childish!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teens and Love? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, so this will be a very long post but hopefully you can read all of it! I'm going to grade 11 really soon, so as you know, I'm still a teen. I've been with this guy (same age as me) for almost 3 years and we go to the same school. We met in grade 8. We started talking because both of us really...

Unsupervised Teens [ 8 Answers ]

I am sure this gets asked every day, but how do I keep my son's girlfriends out of my house while I am at work all day? He is 16 years old.

View more questions Search