Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flexel Posts: 61, Reputation: 7

Aug 15, 2007, 02:19 AM
    Shopping on your own
    Well, I am 19 years old now and my mum refuse's to buy me new clothes now, and well lets say I'm not one for buying clothes. I find it embarrassing and don't know what to choose.

Am I just being silly or is a lot of people like this. Recently I went shopping with my girlfriend and got clothes as I had to get new clothes and my mum refused to get them I had no problem with getting new cloths as it was fun with the girlfriend and brought us closer...

But can anyone give me tips or anything on how to just be straight forward... or anythign

Good or bad please comment

Aug 15, 2007, 03:01 AM
    Ummm what about like being shy to buy cloths and things like that as I find it embarrassing to buy cloths...
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 04:32 AM
    Find a few friends who will join you until you can do it on your own.

As I said I am 26 and I still take someone with me, cause it is not easy for me either to shop alone.
    I think it is normal to have someone to shop with... makes it more enjoyable.

I think it is normal for guys to find shopping for clothes emberassing..

Aug 15, 2007, 04:34 AM
    Thanks for the help?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 04:37 AM
    Maybe a guy would be of more help...
    They will be around in a little while

Sorry I couldn't be of more help..
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2007, 04:38 AM
    I never go clothes shopping without a woman on hand. They have way more style awareness than me :p

I don't think there's any problem with that.

Try starting by shopping for something that isn't so embarrassing for you, maybe shoes or something?

Aug 15, 2007, 05:48 AM
    That's so funny because shoes I have no problem with is just clothes in general I am embarssed of getting :P
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2007, 05:52 AM
    Is it a fear of choosing something that looks stupid? :p
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 05:59 AM
    My best friends husband is the same way. He is so clueless about how to dress. One afternoon she and I were getting ready to go shopping and he just sheepishly came up to us and asked if he could come too. He told us he wants to dress better and wanted some help. There is nothing wrong with turning to women to get help in dressing. What my friends husband did was ask us why we were picking stuff out and after a few shopping trips with us he can be trusted to shop on his own.

Believe me you're girlfriend probably loves that she gets to help you. Have her teach you about putting stuff together and what looks good on you.

Aug 15, 2007, 06:49 AM
    OK, that also bring to my attention... trying cloths on in shops!! I do not do this is there some way I can over come this??
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Aug 15, 2007, 08:07 AM
    Hello.

Your not alone in this if I went shopping alone for what I wear I would end up in the uniform shop buying the same thing I wear to work each day hehehe. My problem is I don't care what I look like in a lot of ways. I want to look nice and clean but wearing big name shirts and pants don't thrill me. That's why I need help so I don't look like I did 30 years ago hehehe. Wait that style is coming back maybe there is hope for me yet hehehe.

Dennis777
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 15, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Just look at what other people wear your age and if you like it, go buy it too.

And I hate changing rooms too, sometimes they have cameras in them and I find it akward...

Aug 16, 2007, 01:15 AM
    Well I would't say I've seen cameras in changing roms in the UK...
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 05:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis777
    Hello.

Your not alone in this if i went shopping alone for what i wear i would end up in the uniform shop buying the same thing i wear to work each day hehehe. My problem is i don't care what i look like in a lot of ways. I want to look nice and clean but wearing big name shirts and pants don't thrill me. Thats why i need help so i don't look like i did 30 years ago hehehe. Wait that style is coming back maybe there is hope for me yet hehehe.

Dennis777
    Wow, in fact uniform is very nice... :)
    bebo1 Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Aug 16, 2007, 02:33 PM
    If your embarresed go to a store try shopping online it way easyer
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Aug 16, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexel
    well i would't say ive seen cameras in changing roms in the UK...
    In the U.S. in some of the changing rooms it says something about a camera being used by someone of the same sex

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Shopping [ 1 Answers ]

When I buy myself something, I feel happy. I feel happy for a period, and then I know everything is okay. But when that item becomes old to me, I become depressed because of my real problems, and I don't know how to help the problems, so I go shopping because it makes me feel better. I feel like I...

Online shopping [ 4 Answers ]

I want to purchase every kind of things online... but I want to pay when I receive my purchased item at my home... is there any facility on net?

Shopping around for a mortgage [ 3 Answers ]

If I shopped around for a mortgage will my credit rating be affected?

Shopping carts [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know how to create shopping carts and how to make sure it is secure for credit cards? Is this something that I will have to go to the people that offer the service for credit and debit? I have seen that pay pal offers the ablity to create the shopping carts but is there...

Online shopping [ 1 Answers ]

How do I check the reliability and customer satisfaction of international online shopping websites ( australia & england ) :-/

View more questions Search