Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    judenyce Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Dec 27, 2009, 11:32 PM
    Which Saint to Ask for Help...
    Does anyone know if there is a particular Saint that helps with depression? How about protection over children?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 27, 2009, 11:40 PM
    Hi, judenyce!

I don't know which saints to pray to concerning what you need. I always just pray to God in the Name of Jesus Christ.

If you're having a particular issue or issues, please do share them with us.

You will get help here.

Thanks!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 28, 2009, 12:01 AM
    The Patron Saint of Children is Saint Nicholas
    Roman Catholic Patron Saints | Saint of the Day | AmericanCatholic.org

The Patron Saint of the Mentally ill is St. Dymphna

Roman Catholic Patron Saints | Saint of the Day | AmericanCatholic.org
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2009, 08:13 PM

Many religious groups, including Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican, Episcopal, some Lutherans all have or stll use saints to some level, either in public prayer during their services or in private prayer. For most it is no different than asking members of your church to pray for you, since they see these people as alive in Christ.
    This is not a Catholic or Protestant issue since members of both groups do this.

We are not discussing anything but which ones are used.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2009, 08:13 PM
    Since J9 has properly answered this, this thread is now closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Happy Saint Patricks day [ 4 Answers ]

Happy saint patricks day. It's that time of year again. The time to honor good ol' saint patty for (I'm not really quite sure) anyway I thought it would be fun to have a game in honor of his favorite color ''green''. So... The point of the game is to count how many ''green things'' there are in...

Catholic's-- Saint Bernadette [ 17 Answers ]

I need to know what Saint Bernadettes ministry was. I read something about infirmary but wasn't sure how it applied to her being a saint. Like what does she mean to people today? Like I know that one of the saints people pray when they lose their keys. Is she included in a similar prayer? I...

Yves Saint-Laurent is dead [ 1 Answers ]

The great French designer died today at aged 71. What a loss Fashion icon Yves Saint Laurent dead at 71 - CNN.com

A Saint? [ 7 Answers ]

I have heard of Saints in different contexts. I am curious to know how is one defined as a saint in Christianity? What acts or non-acts does it take a person to be named a saint? Is the title used during the lifetime of a particular person or is the title given after the person passes...

View more questions Search