Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KaylaKK Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2007, 06:13 PM
    No period in five months, three negative pregnancy tests
    Hi, I'm 17 and I have not had my period in five months. The last time I had sex was about five months ago as well. I was on the birth control pill but I wasn't very good about taking it everyday and ontime. Today I got a tiny bit of red blood when I wiped. Which also happened once about a month ago. A few weeks ago when I wiped once there was a brown discharge but that only happened once. I have taken three pregnancy tests within this five month period and all have been negative. Im going to the doctor Friday for a normal check up and my mom is coming along, but she doesn't know I haven't had my period in five months so I was hoping to get some feed back from other people before I go in. What are your thought? I hear that it can take up to 18 months to get your period back once you go off your birth control pills and I have been off mine for five months so I hope this is the case for me. Anyone with suggestions, comments or support would be very helpful at a time like this for me. Thank you
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Apr 27, 2007, 09:47 PM
    Five months is a really long time. You really should have told your mom, or you could have just gone to Planned Parenthood or some local teen clinic by yourself to find out what's going on. You're probably not pregnant because you would have either experienced some kind of symptom and at least one positive pregnancy test. But then I could be wrong, some women don't find out their pregnant until 6 months sometimes and sometimes home pregnancy tests don't work for them. Or it could be your birthcontrol. Maybe a hormonal imbalance? Maybe you have an irregular period because you got off birthcontrol. Well just make sure you tell your doctor. Good thing your going. One month is okay to skip, two months eh.. a little sketchy but three months I would've made an appointment asap. Hope everything goes okay. I'm sure you're fine. Young girls sometimes get wacked out periods. Goodluck
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Apr 27, 2007, 10:57 PM
    How thin are you? Being overly thin can disrupt menstrual cycles, as can being overly stressed. Tell your dr at your check up. And it should never take 18 months to get your period after birth control pills! You should start your period the same month you stop taking the pill. If you've been on the pill, why would you think you are pregnant? It is rare for BCPs not to work, unless you are not diligent in taking them. If you were 5 months pregnant, I would think you would see development and feel movement, so see a doctor or contact a free clinic immediately. Better safe than sorry, right?
    Anayden Posts: 67, Reputation: 19

Apr 29, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Birth control methods... where do I start? When you get off or even get on or even are on birth control it even says on the pack that it could cause irregular periods. Nothing to worry about. I had the depo shot after I had my daughter and didn't get my period for almost a year! About 9mths actually... lol then I got pregnant with my son... so its probably a side effect from coming off the birth control. No alarm. Oh... I got an idea... tell your doctor... he/she might know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three negative pregnancy tests, no period in 5 months [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 17 and I have not had my period in five months. The last time I had sex was about five months ago as well. I was on the birth control pill but I wasn't very good about taking it everyday and ontime. Today I got a tiny bit of red blood when I wiped. Which also happened once about a month...

Three negative pregnancy tests, no period for five months [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 17 and I have not had my period in five months. The last time I had sex was about five months ago as well. I was on the birth control pill but I wasn't very good about taking it everyday and ontime. Today I got a tiny bit of red blood when I wiped. Which also happened once about a month...

4 negative pregnancy tests but still no period [ 7 Answers ]

My period was due on April 10th and on that day I took a test and it was negative.since then I've taken 3 more and they all were negative but I'm having no symptoms for my period to come which I usually do and I'm having the symptoms of being pregnant me and my boyfriend have been having...

No period, negative home pregnancy tests but am I pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm hoping someone can shed some light as I am a little confused. I stopped taking the pill 5 weeks ago. My period is always a 28 day cycle. My husband and I have been having unprotected sex and for the past 2 weeks I have been overly tired, some cramping, some nausea and bloated. ...

Missed Period for 2 months but tests are NEGATIVE [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, Iam 22 and Iam really nervouse and scared.. Iam married but me and my husband began to use condoms instead of any birth control pill or patches. Before I got married and began to use the Ortha Evora Patches I sometimes had irregular periods( I wouldn't get it for weeks or even a few...

View more questions Search