Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonyg213 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2009, 11:21 AM
    Bathroom sink tailpiece to P-trap install issue
    Hi,

I'm trying to install a new bathroom sink. The new tailpiece, that came with the faucet assembly, has a 1.25" (smooth) end that would normally connect to the P-trap. One problem is that there is about 7" between the bottom of the tailpiece and the existing P-trap. Another problem is that the P-trap connection is 1.5". So not only do I need a tailpiece extension, I need it to have a 1.25" connection at the sink end and a 1.5" connection at the P-trap end. I tried googling for this but it doesn't appear to exist.

Is there a PVC piece out there that will suit my needs? One thing I haven't considered is just rebuilding the P-trap section, assuming P-traps come in 1.25" at the sink end. Then I could try to find a 1.24" tailpiece extension.

Thanks in advance.
    Tony

p.s. I could upload a photo if that would help.
    sbarela Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 07:34 PM
    There is a larger nut and a thicker washer that you can adapt to the 1.25" pipe to attach to the wall pipe it works like a compression fitting to seat itself
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 08:35 PM

You can purchase and use an extension for the tail pipe, or purchase and use a longer tail piece. Traps usually come with a seal for 1 1/2" and 1 1/4" pipe. These seals can be purchased separately.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom Sink Pipes/P-trap Leaking [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there! I'm admittedly a novice and am very close to calling a plumber, but I wanted to see if anyone here had any ideas... I removed an old vanity and replaced it with one that was about 4" taller. The waste pipe that comes out of the wall sits pretty low, and the tailpipe that came with...

Why do I not have pressure in bathroom sink after a new sink install? [ 4 Answers ]

After we installed a new bathroom sink we turned the water back on. All of the other water faucets are OK but there is no pressure in the bathroom sink. Is there something in the new faucet that could be causing this due to packing of the faucet. :)

P-trap bathroom sink [ 2 Answers ]

I have just installed a new counter top/undermount sink, with new faucet fixtures. My problem is that the exsiting pipes are too high up to the sink to accommodate the new flange and is out to far by about 1 1/2 inches, how do I fix this? Thanks

Bathroom sink p trap [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for someone to tell me how to put together a p-trap with a air breather on it under my bathroom sink.

Bathroom sink drain trap [ 1 Answers ]

I've installed a new bathroom vanity. The drain line, which comes through the floor, not the wall, is in the exact center of the vanity; the drain from the sink is likewise centered. How do I install a trap given the two pipe are centered exactly above one another and are not offset? Do I even...

View more questions Search