Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 13, 2010, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny View Post
    I don't shoot very often, mainly because I work a lot. Well, I'm on vacation now, but I didn't bring anything. I may stop off at the range sometime later this month, however.

Preferably, I like the recoil action on the Sig, and the way it fires, but the HK fits better in my hand
    There is always some trade off no matter what you have. Its really hard to find anything that's "perfect". Its good to get in range time and keep in practice and be proficiant with your weapon. The sad part is that the price of bullets has gone up so much recently that its making casual shooting prohibitive for most people :(
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2010, 04:13 PM

No kidding! Even when I bring my own eye/ear protection, my own targets, and my own ammo, going through 200 rounds or so will cost me $15 - 20!!
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 13, 2010, 04:16 PM
    No kidding! Even when I bring my own eye/ear protection, my own targets, and my own ammo, going through 200 rounds or so will cost me $15 - 20!!!
    That's cheap. Most of what I shoot costs between .25 and .50 a round. But that's factory ammo not reloads.

Almost nothing is cheap anymore.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2010, 04:43 PM

Oh, I was simply mentioning the range fees. Yeah, my HK ammo runs me around $0.40 a round, while my 9mm ammo runs me roughly $0.30 a round.. . who knew?
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 13, 2010, 04:53 PM
    Oh, I was simply mentioning the range fees. Yeah, my HK ammo runs me around $0.40 a round, while my 9mm ammo runs me roughly $0.30 a round. ...who knew?
    Im lucky. There is a range in the forest near me (about 20 miles) that is cheap to go to. Its $3 for a car load for the day. SO if you're the only one its $3. If there is 3 or 4 of you in the same car its still $3. But ammo is another thing. Lol.

If you have a Wallyworld near you they are pretty fair on ammo for FMJ.
    .20 to .25 for 9mm. Winchester white box.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 17, 2010, 10:00 PM

Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Not to hyjack this thread but there is a gun thread should you ever want to discuss self defense ammo.

Shameless plug:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ad-481412.html
    Glad you pointed this thread out. Some interesting comments and ideas.

I have a few guns around the house and other places.
    For the home I have a sawed off 12 ga.( that doesn't leave the house) good if you need to shoot quick and aiming has some options. I keep it loaded with 1 00 buck, next 4 #3 shot (smaller pellets than 00 but more weight )
    Also a Desert Eagle .50 , Reuger .44 mag rev. S&W snub nose .357 mag. For hand guns.

Hunting rifles Remmington 30-06. Winchester 7mm mag , Russian AK 47
    Chineese SKS. (a licensed dealer owns the AK and SKS , so being fully automatic is legal... I store them... )
    I have a hidden safe in my place. I put in a false wall and unless you know where it is you would never know it there.

All the guns and ammo are kept here except the 12 ga. It too is in a hidden compartment but readily available.

I am not a gun "nut" I have just collected them over quite a few years.

I used to shoot a lot. I am a very good shot with almost any weapon , but with mine I am better than very good. No brag just fact.

I think everybody should own a gun and be required to know how to safely store and use it .
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 02:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    I think everybody should own a gun and be required to know how to safely store and use it .
    At one time Firearms safety classes were available to every seventh grader in the U.S. - for free! Not one Government/Tax dollar was spent. It was sponsored and taught by the NRA. There were marksmanship classes available but your folks had to pay for range time.

Then politics happened. So sad.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 02:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    At one time Firearms safety classes were available to every seventh grader in the U.S. - for free! Not one Government/Tax dollar was spent. It was sponsored and taught by the NRA. There were marksmanship classes available but your folks had to pay for range time.

Then politics happened. So sad.
    And with the proliferation and ease of availability I think it is insane not to know how to to safely handle (at least) and use firearms.

We should make it a required course to be completed before entrance to High School.
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 03:00 AM
    And with the proliferation and ease of availability I think it is insane not to know how to to safely handle (at least) and use firearms.

We should make it a required course to be completed before entrance to High School.
    "And ... and ... and ... We'd have Columbines and Virginia Tech all over the country!!!"
    Can't you just hear the Brady crowd screaming it?
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 04:15 AM
    Glad you pointed this thread out. Some interesting comments and ideas.

I have a few guns around the house and other places.
    For the home I have a sawed off 12 ga.( that doesn't leave the house) good if you need to shoot quick and aiming has some options. I keep it loaded with 1 00 buck, next 4 #3 shot (smaller pellets than 00 but more weight )
    Also a Desert Eagle .50 , Reuger .44 mag rev. , S&W snub nose .357 mag. for hand guns.

Hunting rifles Remmington 30-06. Winchester 7mm mag , Russian AK 47
    Chineese SKS. (a licensed dealer owns the AK and SKS , so being fully automatic is legal.....I store them.....)
    I have a hidden safe in my place. I put in a false wall and unless you know where it is you would never know it there.

All the guns and ammo are kept here except the 12 ga. It too is in a hidden compartment but readily available.

I am not a gun "nut" I have just collected them over quite a few years.

I used to shoot a lot. I am a very good shot with almost any weapon , but with mine I am better than very good. No brag just fact.

Welcome to the thread. Its intent is to have a spot for guns as it was lacking here on AMHD. If you ever get the money you can "own" the AK and SKS but to get it through the feds its almost $2,000 per gun. There are also what's known as gun "trust" and Im thinking that's what they are covered under now with a class 3 dealer.
    Im not sure what classifies someone as a gun nut. But I believe that everyone should be able to own one should they want to so long as they can pass their local laws for no criminal record or violent behavior. Its funny how the law treats them between so many states. Like some restrictions for Mag capacity etc. Gimme a break.
    Happy shooting.
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 04:39 AM

I want to qualify as a nut. I firmly believe that our founding documents enumerate my right to own and operate Nimitz class weapons if I can afford them. I can't afford one, so I don't have a nuclear aircraft carrier right now. Some would say that's a good thing. They might be right.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2010, 04:57 AM
    I want to qualify as a nut. I firmly believe that our founding documents enumerate my right to own and operate Nimitz class weapons if I can afford them. I can't afford one, so I don't have a nuclear aircraft carrier right now. Some would say that's a good thing. They might be right.
    You might not have to buy one yourself, as you and some fellow nuts could all chip in togeather and get one, then formulate some kind of time share deal, just a thought
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 04:58 AM
    Mostly I think its about where you live as to what makes you a gun nut. In free states with less restrictions and more hunting going on there tends to be a much broader definition to it then in states like California where they practice severe gun control. To me the difference between a gun nut and a responsible owner is in how you treat and handle your weapons. It has nothing to do with amounts you have or how far into it you get. Like building your own and reloading etc. That doesn't qualify as gun nut to me.

Welcome to the thread.
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 05:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    you might not have to buy one yourself, as you and some fellow nuts could all chip in togeather and get one, then formulate some kind of time share deal, just a thought
    Welcome to the thread.
    Pest Control Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 05:04 AM
    Mostly I think its about where you live as to what makes you a gun nut. In free states with less restrictions and more hunting going on there tends to be a much broader definition to it then in states like California where they practice severe gun control. To me the difference between a gun nut and a responsible owner is in how you treat and handle your weapons. It has nothing to do with amounts you have or how far into it you get. Like building your own and reloading etc. That doesnt qualify as gun nut to me.
    I can't even understand AEGIS, much less build one.

Here's another qualification: Nobody but my wife knows how many firearms we own. The insurance company only knows where the list of types and serial numbers is locked up.
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2010, 05:07 AM
    Welcome to the thread.
    Cheers

Althugh I don't think ill be able to contribute much, not being able to legally buy a gun and all :o
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 05:07 AM
    I can't even understand AEGIS, much less build one.

Here's another qualification: Nobody but my wife knows how many firearms we own. The insurance company only knows where the list of types and serial numbers is locked up.
    Love the AEGIS class. Great for defense as well as the new laser mounted high fire missile defense system.
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 05:09 AM
    cheers

althugh i dont think ill be able to contribute much, not being able to legally buy a gun and all :o
    You might have questions about them. And the user list to this thread is growing. Why aren't you allowed to own one?
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2010, 05:13 AM
    You might have questions about them. And the user list to this thread is growing. Why arent you allowed to own one?
    I live in the UK, and not being a farmer or part of a group that is allowed to legally buy guns (i.e hunting groups or clay pigeon shooting) means I can't legally buy one :)

I do a bit of airsofting every now and then, but they're not real guns :o
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 18, 2010, 05:18 AM
    i live in the UK, and not being a farmer or part of a group that is allowed to legally buy guns (i.e hunting groups or clay pigeon shooting) means i can't legally buy one :)

i do a bit of airsofting every now and then, but theyre not real guns :o
    Actually according to some the airsoft "can" be a real gun. The ATF (us federal agency) has confiscated them on occasion because of the belief they can be converted to a "real gun". Have you thought about joining a club someday for clay / sport shooting?

Story ref:

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/ne...eRrqgIQaA.cspx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tell me could this be a sign of a electrical fire getting ready to start? [ 3 Answers ]

OK I am smelling smoke in my house but I can't see it and we have had problems with the electrical wiring for sometime now and the outlets smell like burning plastic all of the outlets smell like that and the outlets are warm to touch Oh and the breakers are not shutting off even when the...

Air aim not working how can iget on aim on my psp [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best aim for psp

My best friend Aka Sister [ 1 Answers ]

Why Doesn't she want me Or love me. Why doesn't she like me the way that I do. But is with and cares for others.

Weird Food Combinations aka Gun Control LOL [ 257 Answers ]

Okay, this may not be a combo exactly but I salt my cantelope melon. . Oh, now here is one, and my hubby likes peanut butter and iceberg lettuce sandwiches! :p Fried Mars bars?? :eek:

View more questions Search