Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2013, 08:39 PM
    So without the numbers we can confidently say that there is a black market in weapons and this needs to be addressed. Now I thought, mistakenly obviously, that you had the AFTE for this. To do this you need to restrict the sale of firearms at gunshows, whether you want to call that private sales, or not, is irrelevant, you also need to restrict any reseller by requiring registration and transaction tracking, and you can put a transaction tax on it to pay for the paperwork

You see when things are out of control you need to go in hard and clean up the mess, forget it's just business and a little fun, and realise it is the source of a problem.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 18, 2013, 01:40 AM
    The job of ATF director has required Senate confirmation only since 2006, but that has never happened, leaving the agency in the hands of acting directors.[41]

The National Rifle Association of America strongly opposes President Obama's nomination of Andrew Traver as director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE). Traver has been deeply aligned with gun control advocates and anti-gun activities. This makes him the wrong choice to lead an enforcement agency that has almost exclusive oversight and control over the firearms industry, its retailers and consumers. Further, an important nomination such as BATFE director should not be made as a 'recess appointment,' in order to circumvent consent by the American people through their duly-elected U.S. Senators. Traver served as an advisor to the International Association for Chiefs of Police's (IACP) 'Gun Violence Reduction Project,' a 'partnership' with the Joyce Foundation. Both IACP and the Joyce Foundation are names synonymous with promoting a variety of gun control schemes at the federal and state levels. Most of the individuals involved in this project were prominent gun control activists and lobbyists.[42]

“The bottom line is the gun lobby will oppose any nominee who promises to be a strong and effective director of the ATF,” said Dennis Henigan, vice president of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence. Indeed, it was persistent lobbying by the NRA. That helped to get the confirmation requirement instated. In 2007, Bush nominated Mike Sullivan for the position, a U.S. Attorney from Boston with a good reputation, but Republican Sens. Larry Craig and Michael D. Crapo, both from Idaho, blocked his confirmation after complaints from an Idaho gun dealer. In 2010, Obama nominated Andrew Traver, head of the ATF's Denver division, to fill the top spot, but the Senate is yet to hold his confirmation hearings as of December 26, 2012.[43][44]

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He made a new choice yesterday.
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2013, 02:34 AM
    It is time to get over this fear of tehe gun lobby and appoint an effective director and obviously he should not be pro gun since his job is regulation of the industry you guys are such a lot of pussie's
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2013, 05:09 AM
    Antidepressants and School Shootings, Suicide, Addiction. - YouTube

Yeah yeah I know... more propaganda .
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2013, 05:23 AM
    It's basically an ad for Truehope: The Leaders in Brain Health
    I wouldn't give them my CC number.
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2013, 05:40 AM
    Misinformation and propaganda everywhere, must be the fourth reich
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2013, 06:04 AM
    That' s because you discount the relationship between mental health and nutrition ? Or maybe you are a shill for the pharmaceutical companies who push these psychotropics even though the adverse affects have been well documented at this time ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 18, 2013, 06:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    that' s because you discount the relationship between mental health and nutrition ? Or maybe you are a shill for the pharmaceutical companies who push these psychotropics even though the adverse affects have been well documented at this time ?
    If the mentally ill don't take the appropriate medications, what recourse do they have? Liver and broccoli?
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2013, 06:13 AM
    What is the appropriate medication ? These drugs are killers.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 18, 2013, 06:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    what is the appropriate medication ? These drugs are killers.
    The drugs didn't kill my friends and relative, and in fact, made/make life bearable for them.
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2013, 06:20 AM
    that' s because you discount the relationship between mental health and nutrition
    If it was even about nutrition which it isn't. From the website (if you had bother to do your own research):

"My son who is now nine is no longer on psych meds.He will most likely have to continue taking EMPowerplus™ for life"
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2013, 06:20 AM
    That's all well and good . But I've seen real life examples of what the video portrays. The only thing that prevented worse was walking out of the doctor's office and finding a doctor who understands the benefits of changing to a nutritional supplement regimin.
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2013, 06:21 AM
    the benefits of changing to a nutritional supplement regimin
    Because you sell them?
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2013, 06:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    If it was even about nutrition which it isn't. From the website (if you had bother to do your own research):

"My son who is now nine is no longer on psych meds.He will most likely have to continue taking EMPowerplus™ for life"
    And that rebutts my argument how ? What do you think EMPowerplus is ?
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2013, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Because you sell them?
    Because it works

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/751533
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2013, 04:16 AM
    The Journal News has made the correct decision to drop the interactive map of gun owners from their web site.
    http://www.lohud.com/article/2013011...r-Janet-Hasson
    The publisher has a weasly disclaimer that says they are only doing it because it's been up long enough for everyone to see. They also claim that the reaction to the posting was mixed. It was Not.. The reason is that the reaction was intensely negative ,and what they are probably not saying is how it hurt subscriptions. Here in the Hudson Valley ;the Journal News is the only game in town . It's editorial position is flaming lib. On most issues. And yet ,the publication of the map was greeted with such a strong negative reaction ,that the Journal News is retreating from it's position. It dropped the map ;and it will no longer pursue it's attempt to publish the public information of gun owners in Putnam County .
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2013, 04:35 AM
    Why would they do it anyway? Not only is it an invasion of privacy, it is an invitation to criminals to target gunowners, just irresponsible sensationalist journalism
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 19, 2013, 10:14 AM
    Yes it was dumb, but so is not securing your home properly.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2013, 10:29 AM
    Hello again,

I thought right wingers LOVED the First Amendment. No, huh? As usual, they shoot the messenger. Look. If you have a problem with PUBLIC information, get mad at the legislators who MADE the list PUBLIC.

But, as long as it IS public, the press can report it. It IS a free press, no? I don't understand how wingers can LOVE parts of the First Amendment, and go ON, and ON, and ON, about how their religious rights have been violated, and then HATE the rest.. It makes NO sense.

excon
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2013, 10:36 AM
    The public officials of Westchester and Rockland made it public only after The Journal News got the list from FOIA requests . No I blame them and have ended my subscription even though it was the only major local news publisher .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gun Control... it didn't take long [ 1292 Answers ]

I won't go into hysterics that Obama is going to take away our guns. Just one question. If the US backs a UN Treaty to restrict small arms ,what is the law of the land ? The treaty ,or the Constitution of the land... specifically the 2nd Amendment ? After Obama win, U.S. backs new U.N....

Gun control. My thoughts. Just shoot me now. This thread won't end well. [ 332 Answers ]

Okay, I do have thoughts on gun control, and I promised to start a thread where we could discuss guns, and peoples thoughts on guns. But I didn't start the thread about the Connecticut massacre to discuss gun control. That was about the families and their loss. So, to keep that Connecticut...

Gun control by fiat? [ 17 Answers ]

Who needs a congress? King Obama is reportedly working on gun control "under the radar" by way of executive order or regulatory means. WaPo did a story on White House gun control czar Steve Crowley which had this little tidbit that just almost escaped notice. I'm sure that is "under the...

Gun Control [ 29 Answers ]

Hello: The killer we've been talking about was subdued AFTER he emptied his magazine and before he could insert another. He was using 30 round clips. THOSE clips were illegal under the Assault Weapons Ban that EXPIRED under Bush and was not reinstated. If it HAD been reinstated, the killer...

Gun control and socialized medicine in Europe [ 1 Answers ]

Are any countries in Europe that do not have either gun control laws or socialized medicine? I know they're very "europe-y" things to do, but I don't know if the EU requires them, or if a bunch of countries just decided to institute them. (I know the exact polices vary a bit, so I'm guessing it's...

View more questions Search