Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samesame Posts: 95, Reputation: 19

Nov 9, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Thanks Jolienoire, yeah, I know what you mean. I don't know what you went through but either way, whether you hate each other or you were hurt, any contact is going to suck regardless. If I were you I would rather go through the hassles of getting a new lock, than asking for the key back from the ex.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jolienoire
    I wish it was that easy you see I own a condo, and I have somoene who lives upstairs, and I would have to get her permission along with the condo's permission to change the lock... The lady is retired and hardly ever around to even talk to her, I don't know what to do.
    What about the lock to your front door, and not just the stairwell door. If you own the unit the front door to your unit is yours to change locks if you wish. They may dictate the style but they can't tell you you can't change it. You have in effect lost control of the key, you don't know for sure who might have a copy right now in effect. A common area door is something else however.
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Nov 9, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy
    What about the lock to your front door, and not just the stairwell door. If you own the unit the front door to your unit is yours to change locks if you wish. They may dictate the style but they can't tell you you can't change it. You have in effect lost control of the key, you don't know for sure who might have a copy right now in effect. A common area door is something else however.

Okay the front door is shared so it is accessible to me and the lady who lives above the next door however to get into my apartment I have changed.. so that is not a big deal it's the common door I am concerned with, even maintenance have a key to that door... But I will get it resolved thanks for your advice..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mommy passed away 3/4/06 [ 3 Answers ]

Well I found out that my mother was sick with breast cancer right after thanksgiving in 2005 and she wouldn't tell me over the phone, cause I'm the baby and mommas little baby, so some of her family was in from out of town visiting one of my aunts who never calls me unless my moms at my house, but...

My ex passed away [ 6 Answers ]

Okay.. I recently lost an Ex boyfriend], because the night before he passed away we argued about him and I getting back together and I was with another guy] at the time. Mitch wanted me back and I had wanted him back just as much. Well, he asked me how I was going to end it with Eric, who I was...

Just passed out [ 1 Answers ]

I'm pretty sick and I just passed out it scard me so much I need help please and I have the chills and a horrible head acke please help me:(

Enough time passed? [ 1 Answers ]

It's been 4 months since I had color correction on my hair and it was damaged. We have been depositing a med golden brown color only... no highlights. I have been using deep conditioning treatments. My hair is very grey at the top and the roots are very bad within 2-3 weeks. I want to know if...

Father passed [ 9 Answers ]

My father passed this life on Jan 2, I was with him at his passing. He went down hill quickly since Thanksgiving. At that time he could still walk across the floor, but Christmas he was confined to his bed. His passing was peaceful in his sleep. He will truly be missed.

View more questions Search