Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 02:07 PM
    I'm psychic and my prediction is that people will challenge me on this notion
    DragonFire Posts: 20, Reputation: 5

Apr 20, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Yes we could, and we would be going down the same road, because you can't prove religion either, its based on pure belief. ;)
    Sodium Posts: 250, Reputation: 6

Apr 20, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Comment on nottheonlycluelesstexan's post
    Hahah I agree with the longest answer award
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 02:11 PM
    c'mon people lets not go down the religion road

Apr 20, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Yeah its boring! So why do you say you're psychic?
    Hair Bug Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 02:14 PM
    I'm only kidding! I don't want to head down the religion road.

I've been so far been unconvinced of a psychic. There is zero proof thus far. And until that point, it is a fallacy.
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Too be truly honest I was just lightening the mood but I'm actually quite good at reading people so I can kind of predict what their rection to most things would be ( my prediction came true I'm being challenged)

Apr 20, 2007, 02:19 PM
    I knew you were just joking.
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Yea lol its not so fun discussing things if it gets too serious
    nottheonlycluelesstexan Posts: 22, Reputation: 15

Apr 20, 2007, 03:51 PM
    Why can't it be highly likely that the Lochness Monster exist? Im not one to tell people what they have to believe or what they have to abandon. Your example is actually rather preposterous itself in that you are equating sightings to my example of brain power. If geniuses were created simply from the work they do and the thoughts they have many more people would be ranked genius. What makes them who they are is the fact that they ARE able to tap into something most around them cannot. That is the point Im making about psychic phenomena. Psychics are able to tap into something many around us cannot. I don't need a story. I don't need sensationalism. I also have no desire at all to develop my ability and use it to make money. And most of all, like those who believe in the Lochness Monster, I don't need confirmation from others to prove to me what I already know.
    Incidentally there are MANY people who believe they may be geniuses and try to pursue it. People take IQ tests all the time. There are video games and puzzle books, etc all geared to helping people deepen and broaden their minds and find out if they have "genius powers".
    As far as "unfounded and undocumented" parts of the brain are involved what do you mean by unfounded and undocumented? There is an entire brain and there is documented proof that most of humanity uses only a very small percentage of it. Psychic ability has not be dismissed by the scientific community. Scientist are finding new things out about the brain all the time, so why would you think that something YOU don't believe in would only happen "magically"? Brain mapping is a science that has just recently been put to use extensively. Perhaps you should research that much and you can see that a LOT of work is being put into this. Not every skeptic simply dismisses it.
    Im not saying it's fact. But I leave things to possibility because I KNOW I can't possibly KNOW everything. Your blanket decision that it doesn't exist when even scientist have not dismissed it entirely really has no logical basis to me. There IS a HUGE difference between perception, chance and intelligence. But the difference is NOT so huge between perception and intelligence alone. Without one the other could not exist
    Hair Bug Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 04:47 PM
    It's not about 'something I believe in', I'm not dismissing it by any means. There's just no proof.

You don't need other peoples' confirmation, of course, for your own sake though - do you not question it? You might say "I don't need to, I know what I need to know." you feel so strongly it wouldn't make a difference, surely?

It isn't highly likely that the Lochness Monster exists because they've been zerooo recorded sightings. As I said before, I could say anything I wished, like "My insides are green. They are...because I just know. I don't need anyone elses proof." 'A feeling' doesn't constitute as a truth.

"Your blanket decision that it doesnt exist when even scientist have not dismissed it entirely really has no logical basis to me."

How do you know if the scientific community have dismissed it or not? Some scientists haven't dismissed the fact that God exists... and? It isn't about scientists personal thoughts, it's about the results they produce. Unbiased, void of feeling.

My opinion is based on research, witnessing, being involved in 'the psychic' community, meeting many many people who claim to be psychic and viewing so of the world most famous psychics to be proved frauds.

"There is an entire brain and there is documented proof that most of humanity uses only a very small percentage of it."

Where is it documented? It's common misconception that we only use a very small percentage of our brain.
    nottheonlycluelesstexan Posts: 22, Reputation: 15

Apr 20, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hair Bug
    It's not about 'something I believe in', I'm not dismissing it by any means. There's just no proof.

You don't need other peoples' confirmation, of course, for your own sake though - do you not question it? You might say "I don't need to, I know what I need to know." you feel so strongly it wouldn't make a difference, surely?

It isn't highly likely that the Lochness Monster exists because they've been zerooo recorded sightings. As I said before, I could say anything I wished, like "My insides are green. They are...because I just know. I don't need anyone elses proof." 'A feeling' doesn't constitute as a truth.

"Your blanket decision that it doesnt exist when even scientist have not dismissed it entirely really has no logical basis to me."

How do you know if the scientific community have dismissed it or not? Some scientists haven't dismissed the fact that God exists...and? It isn't about scientists personal thoughts, it's about the results they produce. Unbiased, void of feeling.

My opinion is based on research, witnessing, being involved in 'the psychic' community, meeting many many people who claim to be psychic and viewing so of the world most famous psychics to be proved frauds.

"There is an entire brain and there is documented proof that most of humanity uses only a very small percentage of it."

Where is it documented? It's common misconception that we only use a very small percentage of our brain.
    You have dismissed it. At least twice in this "conversation" you have said it was fallacy and that it didn't exist. You didn't say, "I think it doesnt exist" or "in my opinion it doesnt exist" you simply stated it did not and without proof it is fallacy. Without proof it is mere speculation not fallacy, just unknowing. There is a realm of things you don't even realize you don't know. That does not mean it doesn't exist, it merely that YOU have not uncovered them. Others have. You seem very intelligent and Im sure you know LOTS of things I don't know enough to fathom. But I can almost guarantee you, I'm sure I know LOTS of things you have yet to imagine.
    I have absolutely no problem questioning... it is the questioning that makes life worth it. Along with the possibilities. They are endless and to not recognize that would be ridiculous. But although I can fully understand and respect your skepticism, this particular issue is not something I PERSONALLY have to question. I KNOW what I have experienced. I KNOW what happened with my mother & sisters wreck. I KNOW that what I saw to be a plane going through a building just days before 9-11 turned out to be the worst terrorist disaster in American history. I KNOW countless other incidences which have occurred in my life time. That you can't confirm them for yourself doesn't shake my knowledge in my experiences. It was my personal experience in the matter that prompted me to answer the question to begin with!
    YOU were the one who said there were sighting of the Lochness monster but now you say there have been none. My point is not that the Lochness Monster exist in actuality. My point is that a person who has never seen it cannot go and tell a person who truly believes they have that they have NOT so that skeptic can feel just in his or her dismissal of it. As you are so happy to point out there has been no proof of it. Yet I have yet to see any that explains what I have personally experienced within myself and my own family. Who knows if there are thousands or millions of psychics? I know there are at least 4 and none of them have taken a dime from anyone for predicting a dang thing.
    Im glad you THINK you have done research, but I find that incredibly hard to believe given your responses and your strange logic. Although scientist should certainly conduct unbiased research, that does not at all mean they are "void of feeling". Those are two totally different things. Feelings do not mean irrationality. A scientist can weep as well as show elation at scientific findings, that he or she not allow then to cloud their research is what matters.
    I know they have not dismissed the possibility of psychic phenomena because I am a reader and a student and a person who tries very hard to understand the world with-in and with-out, and in all MY scientific research to try and understand what has gone on with MY OWN psychic ability, no one has ever shown me anything where the subject has been answered to answered satisfaction. So unless you can come up with documentation to the contrary, I stand by my statement that the scientific community has not dismissed it. And no, they have not dismissed the concept of God either. I personally believe its because they, dare I say "we" recognize the realm of possibility.:D
    starsbooty Posts: 119, Reputation: 7

Apr 30, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Well.. you people tell what this is... I am at walmart, a lady walks up to me and says I have to tell you something, I'm like.. um OK.. go ahead, she said its 10 dollars but I really need you to know this, I said well I don't have 10 dollars, she said okay because I think you need to know about this... we sat down at mcdonalds in walmart, she said, you have friends that don't wish you well, I'm thinking yeah right oh okay, she says, there is one inparticular with the name beginning with the letter "j" who is the most negative toward you, you need to leave these people alone because they do not truly care about you.. so.. I leave after shopping and go home... call up my "j" friend told her what the lady said and she got very overly mad (guilty? Yes).. it took me a year and a half later to realize these people were not my friends, they used me and talked behind me back... the lady was right I just didn't listen to her...
    Psychic Chris Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2007, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryMan19D30
    Why wouldn't they just play the lotto and win big?:rolleyes:
    True psychics don't use their gifts to win big. Our gifts should be honored not to be used to make money. I personally never will use my psychic abilities to cheat on the lotto. There are people out there with little money and they deserve a chance to get that money.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Or, psychics just make a bunch of vague statements until someone responds positively and they keep pushing that subject so it seems they are connected to a dead relative, significant other, pet etc.

Although perhaps if they get one number right the lotto machine will send them the others through the power of positive thinking.

I shall try this and let you know the results in the coming days.

May 1, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Or perhaps they do see more than the average person, and those who cannot 'see' are jeolous or scared. If humans only believe limitations then limits they will always see.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 2, 2007, 08:48 AM
    Ever notice how when you don't believe something, you are "narrow minded", at least to some of those who believe.

I mean, I have some strong religious convictions, but I don't label those who have other beliefs as closed minded. I think they believe differently. But here, we have the closed minded label being tossed around.

So basically, to them, to have an "open mind" is to believe what they believe. Anything less is ignorance on your part. At least if you believe the opposite, you are apparently closed minded.

It is a self serving and pompous response, falsely elevating themselves to higher intellectual ground because they think they have a greater enlightenment. When really, maybe they are just clueless themselves. The closed-minded label is just a flailing attempt to make others appear ignorant.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 2, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Kp, another option for why they respond that way may be that we may hamper their meager income stream. :D
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 6, 2007, 05:32 AM
    There are real psychics because I have had things to really come true when contacting them more than once. With this one psychic who I use all of the time through Kasamba online at kasamba website... I can contact him and he can tell me exactly what I want to know 90% of the time so I have no choice but to believe him. They cannot guess lottery numbers and things like that but they can help other people! Phsychics are real, anyone who believes other wise is afraid of the truth. You can also rate the psychics when you are done on a scale from one to five and if you go to kasamba website you can see where some phsychics have 4-5 stars, if they are real psychics.. If someone has 1 star then of course you won't go to them. That proves that they are real!
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 6, 2007, 05:36 AM
    Remember about the 9-11 attack someone called in claiming to be a phsychic and said that terrorists were going to attack the work trade center and NO one listened or did anything until it already happened and then it was on the news..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Please I need a real psychics help here. [ 4 Answers ]

Well I have known diis guy for a while about a year and half we've been friends about a year and half but late last year I started having feelings and I think he too then we started making out and you know all those stuff but no sex but smtimes he behaves cold and won't talk but the next min he...

Psychics? [ 69 Answers ]

Is it wrong to consult a psychic? What about looking up horoscopes?

Any real psychics out there? Some advice needed [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, If there are any real psychics out there, I could use some advice. I was dating someone last year and fell in love. He broke it off last winter, but I have a gut feeling that he may be back someday. My birthday is 1/8/65 and his is 6/30/64. Psychics , does anyone see him coming back...

Poor pocket rich in love mother of seven [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any government grants to start a small buss. I want to make it in this life and have a good life for my children

View more questions Search