Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Oct 3, 2008, 08:35 AM
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by michealb View Post
    How do you know the right god proved it to you?
    Michealb, I don't know where you coppied this little questioniar from, but you have been sound like a broken record so I am going to answere your questions in the hopes that you move on from this. :rolleyes:

What do you mean the right God? I did not claim that "i know the right God" i just said i know God. Since i know God i know there is a God out there. Whether he is the "right" or the "wrong" God, its really irrelevant to the fact that I know a god/God is there.

By proving it to you didn't this god take away your free will to not worship him and if he can take away your free will why not prove it to all of us?
    I don't follow the logic of the question but basically knowing God does not mean I have to worship him. I know people who know God but have chosen to have nothing to do with Him. That is their free will.

How do you know your not being fooled by some minor god?
    Again, I do not possess absolute knowledge therefore I don't know... However, like I said, whether it is God himself or "a minor god", it is irrelevant to the fact that I know god/God who ever or what ever He may be.

Some god that wants to take you away from the truth?
    :confused: is this a question or a statement. Please clarify.

If you say because you know, are you really so sure of yourself that you think you couldn't be fooled by a god even a minor one?
    You are now just repeating yourself.. :rolleyes:

What about the other people who know there god exists and were told to do something completely different are they making it up?
    Maybe not, maybe their god really did tell them something different. I don't know how many gods there are out there however there is only one God that is a reality to me.

Isn't it just as likely that there is no god and your believe is simply a by product of evolution and culture?
    Telling me "there is no God", is like telling me there is "no George Bush". As much as I am certain I KNOW George Bush exists and is the president of the United States, is a much as I am certain I know God exists. So when you tell me there is no God, you sound as ludicrous to me as someone who would tell me Goerge Bush does not Exist.
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Oct 3, 2008, 08:52 AM

The point is that you can't know god and if you do it invalidates your entire religion. The whole point is that you are suppose to believe. You can believe very strongly but you can't know. The reason you can't know is because one of the reasons that your religion gives for god not giving evidence is because if he did give evidence god's glory is so great that people would be forced to worship him and he doesn't want that because it would invalidate people's free will.

Oct 3, 2008, 09:11 AM
    Also if you don't know if you know the right god what's the point? You might as well worship me, at least then you can prove your god exists to other people.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 09:14 AM

Wait a tick...

If you KNOW God exists, how can you question whether He is the Real God... or the Only God... or a Minor God... or the Right God??

So you are saying that, while you KNOW that God exists, you don't really know which God it is or even if He is the only God?
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Also if you don't know if you know the right god whats the point? You might as well worship me, at least then you can prove your god exists to other people.
    HAHAHAHAH

Now That's funny!

Oct 3, 2008, 09:27 AM
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    If I said I know aliens exist, would you expect me to prove it, or would you take what I said as fact?

Of course not, because that would be ridiculous.
    If someone says they know aliens exists you can not argue argue against that person unless you can prove that they don't exist.

I believe in God, but I don't know without a doubt that he exists. I have no proof, therefore I cannot say with absolute certainty that He exists.
    Speak for yourself.

Sassy, you can "know" in your heart, but you can't claim that he does indeed exist to everyone. To you, yes, but others need evidence of that claim.
    Yes that is precisely what I am saying. I know God exists but my inability to prove it to the world does not mean I don't know he exists.
    I know on aug 18th at 10am I had 2 eggs, toast, bacon and pan cake. I have no way of proving that fact to the world, but the fact still remains.

The bible isn't evidence, so you'll have to come up with something other than that to convince everyone of what you claim to know. Personal experiences aren't proof either, because they are only addressed to you.
    Lol.. don't get it twisted, I am not here to convince people or prove that God exists. All I am saying is I know God Exists and whether your believe me or not it does not change the reality that I know God. So unless you can prove that I don't know God.

If you had proof of Gods existence then it would be foolish for anyone to deny Him. No such evidence exists.
    And you are absolutely right! However like I said I did not claim I can prove God exists. I just said I (personaly) KNOW God exists just like I KNOW I had 2 eggs with bacon on 18th despite my inabilty to prove it. ;)

Oct 3, 2008, 09:31 AM
    Also if you don't know if you know the right god whats the point? You might as well worship me, at least then you can prove your god exists to other people.

That is where Faith and belief comes in. I know God and that is a fact. I believe and have faith that the God I know is the "right" one. But like I said if it turns out he is NOT the "right" one, the fact still remains that I know HIM who ever he is. :D

Oct 3, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJizzle View Post
    Wait a tick...

If you KNOW God exists, how can you question whether or not He is the Real God... or the Only God... or a Minor God... or the Right God????

So you are saying that, while you KNOW that God exists, you dont really know which God it is or even if He is the only God?

Yes, that right. I have FAITH that he is the Right God but I can not claim to KNOW he is the right God and the only God, because for me to KNOW that with certainty I would have to be omniscience and possess absolute knowledge of everything in the Universe and beyond.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 09:37 AM

Altenweg,I believe in God, but I don't know without a doubt that he exists. I have no proof, therefore I cannot say with absolute certainty that He exists.
    Sassy,Speak for yourself
    I was, or wasn't that evident when I said, I believe?

Yes that is precisely what I am saying. I know God exists but my inability to prove it to the world does not mean I don't know he exists.
    I know on aug 18th at 10am I had 2 eggs, toast, bacon and pan cake. I have no way of proving that fact to the world, but the fact still remains.
    It would be relatively simple to prove that you had eggs, toast, bacon and a pancake. Stomach contents can be analyzed, pictures of you eating with a time stamped camera, many other ways as well. Proving Gods existence is much harder, otherwise someone would have done it already. Nes pas?

lol.. don't get it twisted, I am not here to convince people or prove that God exists. All I am saying is I know God Exists and whether your believe me or not it does not change the reality that I know God. So unless you can prove that I don't know God.
    Then why did you start this thread? What was the purpose? Were you just making a statement, or starting a debate?

You are correct, no one can prove that to you God doesn't exist, just like you can't prove that he does. So, why start this? If no absolute proof can be obtained by either side, then this is just a way to start an argument.

I've said my peace, I don't wish to discuss this further. If history repeats itself then this thread won't last long, it's just a request to fight, and I'm sure a fight will ensue.

Good luck.
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 09:46 AM

Remember.. to "know God" and to "know God exists" are two entirely different things...

Don't get confused on this.

And again, basic problem solving says that we cannot assume that everything is true until it is proven untrue. If that were the case, then I could accuse of you murder and you would be guilty until you were able to prove yourself un-guilty.

That is not the type of world we want to live in, is it?

Oct 3, 2008, 10:56 AM
    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I was, or wasn't that evident when I said, I believe?

It would be relatively simple to prove that you had eggs, toast, bacon and a pancake. Stomach contents can be analyzed, pictures of you eating with a time stamped camera, many other ways as well. Proving Gods existence is much harder, otherwise someone would have done it already. Nes pas?
    Stomach content from 2months ago? Believe me you will not be able to tell what I ate 2months ago on the 18th at 10am by examining my stomach contents today. That is just wishful thinking.. lol.
    The problem is I do not have a picture with a time stamp, taking pictures of myself eating break fast is something I don't normaly do, so how do I prove to you today that I ate 2eggs with bacon toast and a blueberry pancake on the 18th of Aug at 10am?

Then why did you start this thread? What was the purpose? Were you just making a statement, or starting a debate?
    I was just addressing Cred's insistence that no one KNOWS God exists. LIke I said this I what he chooses to believe because I KNOW God exists and unless he can prove I don't, his claims are just hot air subjective beliefs.

You are correct, no one can prove that to you God doesn't exist, just like you can't prove that he does. So, why start this? If no absolute proof can be obtained by either side, then this is just a way to start an argument.
    Again you are missing the point of this discussion. Like I said I am not saying I can prove God, ALL I am just saying I KNOW he exists. Whether you think that is true or not make no difference to the fact that I know God.

I've said my peace, I don't wish to discuss this further. If history repeats itself then this thread won't last long, it's just a request to fight, and I'm sure a fight will ensue.

Good luck.
    It is not meant to be fight, I am just correcting some miss led people.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Oct 3, 2008, 11:09 AM

It's the same argument about dissecting frogs. Everybody used to dissect frogs until some intelligent young lady, a still quiet voice, said, why do we have to dissect frogs? It's gross, why don't we just look at slides or pictures in a textbook instead of killing more all the time, I don't want their blood on my hands. And now we don't kill frogs anymore.
    At one time we believed the earth was flat and some people still do.
    All I'm saying that in the Resurrection if Cred doesn't believe in it, it won't be real to him (sorry to use you as an example ol' buddy) so he will never know for sure. But not to detract from his purpose to make this world and this life a better place, which is quite an admirable goal

Oct 3, 2008, 11:09 AM

But you knowing god doesn't mean he exists. So it is still a belief that you know god. I can say I know the tooth fairy but without being able to prove it, it makes it a belief.

Oct 3, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Actually Jesus wasn't about making this place better for example
    In Matthew 10:34, Jesus says, "Don't imagine that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword!"

Oct 3, 2008, 11:26 AM

Yes the image from Malachi chap. Three about the coming of the lord shows it to be more like Armaggeddon at the End of Days
    Pets Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 11:33 AM

The problem is I do not have a picture with a time stamp, taking pictures of myself eating break fast is something I don't normaly do, so how do I prove to you today that I ate 2eggs with bacon toast and a blueberry pancake on the 18th of Aug at 10am?
    I don't need proof of something that simple. I'm sure you eat, otherwise you wouldn't survive. Eating is something every live human does, therefore it's a fact.

God is not as easily proven to be fact, not everyone believes in God, because there is no actual proof.

Oct 3, 2008, 11:36 AM

Or in other words...

Extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence.

Oct 3, 2008, 11:39 AM

But we know that entropy and chaos are the natural order of the universe. So how does that produce a sassy that can walk and talk and has definite ideas about what to fix for breakfast without there being someone in charge of it all? Who changed all those diapers back in the stone age when Geico Man lived in a cave? How did that first human that miraculously evolved find a second human of the opposite sex to reproduce with?

By the way, fig leaves are cool. You just pick them and stick them on, the sap is like superglue.
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2008, 11:44 AM

There is a missing element that can be easily explained with God, however you define Him.

When you dig deep enough into science, you hit a wall... that is where the tow worlds clash.

I know SOMETHING exists. Not because I have proof but because it HAS to.
    Pets Expert

Oct 3, 2008, 11:45 AM

Wildandblue, are you saying that God controls all our actions? God is in charge of everything we do?

If so, why does God let people murder, rape, cheat, steal?

Fig leaves, never tried one, sounds sticky. ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Not Crazy.I know this movie exists [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, here it goes... these kids run away. They end up in a shed in the middle of the woods that is surrounded with pecan trees with a old tractor inside. They argue about how you pronounce "pecan". One of the kids goes up to a "Texaco" station and there is a box of cupcakes on the step which he...

Search for visitor,if exists,use data,else,enter? [ 1 Answers ]

When visitor comes,I enter their ID,if he/she exists,I enter a new record for her visit using the details already in the database. But if he/she does not exist in the database,want to be able to enter his/her details in the visitor s details form and then after that,enter the details of his or...

Got P-Trap, Confirm it Exists [ 3 Answers ]

I have a house built in 1981 unfinished basement. Roughed in bathroom pipes. One pipe vent, one pipe shower/bath, one pipe toilet. Anyhow, on the shower/bath pipe I poured water down the pipe, drains normal but I can still see water at bottom (no evidence of tee ot 90deg bend at bottom) does...

Shower Where No Drain Exists [ 1 Answers ]

We would like to install a shower in a bathroom which has a sink and toilet but no rough in for a shower. The problem is that the bathroom has a cement floor which is not cuttable. Any solution for an above ground drainage which connects in the sink/toilet?

DOS exists? [ 15 Answers ]

With your new operating systems (i.e. Windows XP), does DOS exist/run in the background? Thanks.

View more questions Search