Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soon2bemommy2008 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Mar 26, 2008, 09:50 AM
    Worried and wanteing answers
    Hi. I am 19 years old and pregnant with my first child. I am 24 weeks along now. When I went for my ultrasound at 18 weeks, my cervix measured at 3.4 cm. I went to the hospital at around 22.5 weeks because of abdominal pain. They measured my cervix at it was measured at 2.5 cm. I was kept overnight then released the next day after they measured my cervix again. That time it measured at 3.0 cm. I was given orders to be on modified bedrest, meaning I can work as long as I cut back my hours and go home and rest. Is it normal for a cervix to flucuate like that while you're pregnant? My fetal nectal test thing came back negative, but I heard that doesn't necessarily mean much. I am worried I am going to go into preterm labor. I have been feeling some contractions for the past few days, but not all of them hurt. I haven't gone back to the doctor. I am just worried about preterm labor
    IluvProjects Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by soon2bemommy2008
    Hi. I am 19 years old and pregnant with my first child. I am 24 weeks along now. When I went for my ultrasound at 18 weeks, my cervix measured at 3.4 cm. I went to the hospital at around 22.5 weeks because of abdominal pain. They measured my cervix at it was measured at 2.5 cm. I was kept overnight then released the next day after they measured my cervix again. That time it measured at 3.0 cm. I was given orders to be on modified bedrest, meaning I can work as long as I cut back my hours and go home and rest. Is it normal for a cervix to flucuate like that while you're pregnant? My fetal nectal test thing came back negative, but I heard that doesn't necessarily mean much. I am worried I am going to go into preterm labor. I have been feeling some contractions for the past few days, but not all of them hurt. I haven't gone back to the doctor. I am just worried about preterm labor
    I think you are right to be worried about preterm labor. You are 19 so your young age does put you at an increased risk for preterm labor. I think that if you are feeling contractions of any kind whether they hurt or not you need to count them. If you are having more than 4 an hour you probably need to be seen. If you are experiencing contractions you need to sit down and get off you feet and drink two large glasses of water and just rest for a bit and see if that maybe won't take them away. You sometimes can have contractions if you a bit dehydrated. I would address your concerns at you next doctor visit. But it probably is 4 weeks away. If you continue to have contractions and feel like you should be seen and the doctor doesn't want to or can't see you for some reason, I would go to the Hospital and be seen in Labor and delivery and see what they have to say. Or maybe give the hospital- Labor and Delivery a call an see what their advice is about your contractions.

Mar 26, 2008, 11:42 AM
    I have been drinking about 64 oz of water a day but not even that helps... I am considering going to labor and delivery today, even though I have an appt next week... they have told me they would rather see me in the hospital and be wrong about labor than be at home and be in labor and figure it's nothing... my appts at the actual dr are every 2 weeks now because of my cervix
    IluvProjects Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2008, 12:23 PM
    I think you are right to think about going to Labor and delivery. YOu are absolutely right it is better to catch it before your cervix shortens too much, because you don't want it to get to short. And you are right, it is better to be seen and sent home, than to go in to late. GoodLuck

Mar 26, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Thank you :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need answers! [ 19 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for 2 years now.. everyone swore and so did we that we were perfect until I recently found out he kissed another girl at a party a few months back. He told me everything that happened.. he told me it was when we were fighting.. she came up to him.. kissed him.....

Need answers [ 7 Answers ]

I have been married for 26 years and about 14 months ago my husband started acting really foolish. Staying out late in bars, drinking obsessively, and putting a wedge between he and our 2 adult children. When I would ask him to help me to understand what was going on he just would get angry and...

I Need Some Answers! [ 3 Answers ]

So about 5 months ago there was this guy I liked. We'll I recently checked his myspace and I think he's single!! I want to talk to him. Basically, I meet him where he works and the minute we made eye contact 'sparks flew' : P Anyway, so I wrote him a letter saying that if he didn't have a girl...

Worried and need answers [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.. I had sex on the 7 of April and the past three days I have light red bleeding on the tissue but not on the pad... what does this means?

View more questions Search