Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaena88 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2007, 10:23 PM
    On a diet and still lost no weight
    Is there anyone who's having the same problem as me? I'm very upset about my weight. I'm 5'1 and I'm trying to get back to 110 lbs. here's my problem... I just started my diet on Monday. I weighed myself and the scale said I weigh 144 lbs. every single morning I woke up and went for a jog, which is struggling because I haven't excersised in years. And then ill eat a healthy choice meal and then take a fat burner pill. I could actually feel the fat burners working so I felt like I was really accomplishing something and that I was making progress. And for lunch and dinner I do the same thing. Basically I take fat burners 3 times a day and I don't eat anytime after 8pm. If I get too hungry ill eat a healthy midnight snack. Today is Friday and I was so confident that I lost a couple of pounds.weighed myself and the scale said I weigh 148. I got really ticked off I really don't understand how I gained 4 extra lbs and I'm dieting the right way. I know its only been 5 days. Maybe I have tio give it sometime... does anyone have the same problem? You guyz have any suggestions because I'm really about to quit on this diet
    supermommy25 Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Oct 12, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shaena88
    is there anyone whos having the same problem as me? im very upset about my weight. im 5'1 and im trying to get back to 110 lbs. here's my problem...i just started my diet on monday. i weighed myself and the scale said i weigh 144 lbs. every single morning i woke up and went for a jog, which is struggling because i havent excersised in years. and then ill eat a healthy choice meal and then take a fat burner pill. i could actually feel the fat burners working so i felt like i was really accomplishing something and that i was making progress. and for lunch and dinner i do the same thing. basically i take fat burners 3 times a day and i dont eat anytime after 8pm. if i get too hungry ill eat a healthy midnight snack. today is friday and i was so confident that i lost a couple of pounds.weighed myself and the scale said i weigh 148. i got really ticked off i really dont understand how i gained 4 extra lbs and im dieting the right way. i know its only been 5 days. maybe i have tio give it sometime...does anyone have the same problem? you guyz have any suggestions because im really about to quit on this diet
    Well I have not gone through the same thing but there is only one diet plan that I trust and I know it works.. personally I think you're a good weight I am 5'2 and right now I weigh 160 but I just had a baby 2 1/2 months ago... but I got on a diet around Sep 13 and I was 172 so I have lost over 10 pounds in less than a month. You should find a dietitian in your area and see if they give the vitamin B 12 shots that come with appetite suppressant pills it works trust me it is the only diet in this world that I know works... you don't even have to work out but it is better if you do... you will notice weight loss in the first week... look in to it
    dollface_93 Posts: 37, Reputation: 5

Oct 14, 2007, 12:02 PM
    I think you need to keep on keeping on, don't get discouraged, you have been doing this for a week! How long did it take you to gain the weight? More than a week I am assuming! Keep on exericising and eating well, DRINK LOTS OF H2O!!
    Also you have to remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so you probably gained some muscle, which is excellent because the more muscle you gain the more fat you will burn! Good luck to you!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2007, 07:07 PM
    Your body might have to adjust before you start losing. You might also want to try a digestion detox especially if you are over 30. Foods have so many chemicals and preservatives that sit in your stomach and make it impossible to lose. Now they are saying that a lack of Omega 3 and Co Q 10 will make your body retain weight. I have been taking chromium picolinate and eating fresh fruits especially citrus.
    And I am going to start taking the Omega and Q 10 too.
    I don't know much about Healthy Choice but most diet foods and diet soda contain artificial sweetener (splenda, sweet 'n low, equate, etc... ) which turn into formaldahyde in your system which actually end up making you gain weight.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Eat regular healthy homemade meals from fresh foods
    I lost a lot of weight one time eating eggs and potatoes or else oatmeal (not instant) for breakfast and soup and sandwich for lunch and meat, potatoes and a vegetable for dinner.
    I took chromium picolinate and one of those metabolism pills that help you not have as much of an appetite and ate a lot of grapefruit.
    cybers Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2007, 01:34 AM
    Hi, I just have some list of foods you want to consider when you go to groceries. It is also important that you know what's in it you are eating. Take care.

Safeway Tour – The BASICS
    Synopsis: reduce
    1.processed carbohydrates: white flour, white rice, white bread, canned meals
    2. red meats
    3. saturated fats / trans fats
    Shopping cart: Fill-er up
    • 3/4
    o whole grains
    o fruits
    o vegetables
    • 1/4
    o protein
    o dairy
    • Shop the perimeter
    Definitions
    Carbohydrate: string of sugars
    Glycemic Index: how fast a carb will raise your blood sugar
    Glycemic Load: total impact of carb on blood sugar (GI X carbs / 100 = GL)
    • glucose GI = 100, GL = 10; fructose GI =19, GL = 2)
    • glucose = gasoline your cells burn
    • insulin = key to let glucose into cell to burn, fat storage hormone
    Glycemic Scale:
    100-70 = high
    69-56 = moderate
    55 –0 = low
    Benefits of low GI:
    • decrease triglycerides
    • decrease chronic heart disease
    • decrease hunger
    • increase releasing fat
    • increase insulin sensitivity
    GOOD CARBOHYDRATES (40-50%) = LESS PROCESSED = SLOWER Absorption
    1. Quantities:
    • 70-80% Desirable
    • 20-25% Moderate
    • 5% Least
    2.Types
    • Vegetables: all good except potatoes
    • Potatoes: (GI=88, GL = 16). Switch to
    o new potatoes (GI=57)
    o yams (GI=37)
    o sweet potatoes (GI=61)
    3. Fruits: natural = good. High GI fruits (cantaloupe – watermelon) eat with low GI meal
    • Caution: fruit juices (orange canned juice GI = 57, GL = 15)
    • example: apple GI =40, GL =6; apple juice GI=40, GL =12
    4. Breads
    • Caution:
    o whole wheat (GI=77, GL=9)
    o white (GI = 70, GL= 10)
    o table sugar (64)
    o bagels (GI=72, GL= 25)
    • Low GI breads
    o Rye kernal (GI=41, GL=5)
    o Ezekiel = sprouted breads; NO FLOUR
    o Sourdough (GI=52, GL =10)
    o Pumpernickel (whole grain) (GI = 51)
    • EAT LESS breads
    o One piece of bread instead of two
    o Open faces sandwiches
    **if you buy bread, look for “whole wheat” which has more protein + fiber + nutrients
    5. Cereals
    • Old fashinoned oats (GI = 49)
    • Muesli, toasted (GI = 43)
    • Kellog's A Bran Buds with Psyllium (GI = 45)
    • Kellog's Special K (GI = 45)
    • Kellogs Frosted Flakes (GI = 55)
    6. Pastas
    • Caution: Enriched = processed + stuff added back in
    • Look for whole wheat + protein + fiber
    • Portion size = fist
    PROTEINS (20-25%)
    • GOOD proteins should also contain the good fats
    o Nuts
    o Avocados
    o Olives
    o Beans
    o Soy
    o Legumes
    o Fish—salmon, trout, tuna, sardines, mackerel
    o Fowl – without skin
    o Red meat—get it lean
    • BAD proteins:
    o Saturated fats
    o Marbled red meats
    FATS (25-30%)
    • Good fats: vegetables = liquid
    o Polyunsaturated (parking spaces for hydrogen):
    • Essential fatty acid
    • Load up on
    • Omega 3 = linoleic acid: need more—flaxseed oil (dark bottle, cold pressed
    • raw almonds –NOT ROASTED
    • lowers cholesterol and LDL
    o Monounsaturated (one parking space for hydrogen, don't have to list)
    • Oleic acid in olives, olive oil, almonds, pecans, canoloa oil, avocados cashews, hazelnut,
    macadamia nuts
    • Lower LDL
    • Keeps arteries supple
    • Olive oil associated with decrease in breast cancer, strong antioxidant so LDL don't
    oxidize = inflammation of arteries
    • Bad fats:
    o Saturated
    • no hydrogen parking spaces
    • solid
    • animal / dairy
    o Trans = not natural, done to make liquid fats into solid
    • Role of fats:
    o Cholesterol: made by liver or from animal / dairy
    o Regulate flexible and rigidity of cell membranes
    o HDL (high density lipoprotein): carry cholesterol and triglycerides to liver
    o LDL (low density liproprotein): carry cholesterol and triglycerides from liver to other cells.
    LDL only bad once it has been oxidized
    o When cell docks are full, excess LDL chol and trig continue to circulate in blood
    o Decrease Omega 6 and increase omega 3
    READING FOOD LABELS:
    1. Keep Saturated fats to under 10% total calories(Committee on Diet and Health; Understanding Nutrition,
    Eighth edition, Whitney & Rolfes,1999)
    2. Look for fiber and protein in grains, pastas, tortilla shells
    3. Sugars with fructose (lower GI)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Diet Coke/Diet Pepsi ruined your diet? [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, Iam Writing To You Because Iam One Of Those People That Have Been Trying To Lose Some Pounds.. I Have Been Cutting Off The Sweets, Fatting And Anything Else That Gains Weight.. I Also Have Been Doing Exercise.. my Only Question Is If Diet Coke Gains Weight Even Though If Its Diet?. My...

Are weight loss diet pills safe? [ 29 Answers ]

I am suffering from overweight condition,I usually visited a lot of sites. I just wanted to know about dieat pills. Are they really effective and safe? Suggestion regarding this is greatly appreciated.

I am on a Protein Diet, but not lossing much weight [ 3 Answers ]

I am 6ft 4in and weigh 130Kgs,(lost 5kgs in 1month) I have been on the Protein Diet (Yes, where you do not have any carbohydrates in your diet) but only been eating protein and vegetables. However I am not losing much weight. What I have discovered is that maybe I am eating carbs in meals that...

View more questions Search