Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellyparker90 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2013, 06:31 PM
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2013, 06:35 PM
    Nope. It doesn't work that way. You might be able to recapture your friendship after time has passed and he has healed (and found someone else).

What you have to do now is make it quick and clean -- no apologies or promises or crying or hugging or long goodbyes. Then do No Contact.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2013, 06:49 PM
    A relationship isn't always having the "spark". Everyone can tell you that the "spark" will eventually die out. So if you're looking for someone with the spark forever, I don't think that will happen. Could you please tell us why you're losing the feelings? Is it cause you're starting to have feelings for someone else?
    kellyparker90 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2013, 06:54 PM
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2013, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyparker90 View Post
    I'm really confused, but I can't exactly pinpoint a specific reason as to why I've lost feelings. It's not his fault, he's an amazing boyfriend. He's so good to me, to a point where I don't think I even deserve him. But what I feel towards him is not love and never will be. I can't see a future in which I will love him as anything more than a brotherly/ best friend kind of love. This is why I feel it necessary to break up with him, in order to avoid leading him on. I just don't know how to tell him, or what kind of answer I should give him when he asks "what went wrong?". Because in reality, nothing "went wrong". It wasn't his fault, nor mine. We just weren't meant to be.
    You didn't exactly answer my question. Is there another guy in the picture?

Also, until you can actually figure out the exact reason to why you have lost your feelings for this guy, you will continue to stay confused and we are not able to provide you with the proper advice on what to do next. Perhaps that's the first step you should take. To try to uncover why you have lost your feelings for this guy.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2013, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by none12345 View Post
    try to uncover why you have lost your feelings for this guy.
    I disagree. I've been "in love" more than once, but the spark faded and often I didn't know why. Maybe we weren't as compatible as I had thought we were or maybe he said something that turned me off or maybe he chewed his food with his mouth open, but too often there wasn't a reason I could hang my hat on. It sounds like this is the situation here.
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2013, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I disagree. I've been "in love" more than once, but the spark faded and often I didn't know why. Maybe we weren't as compatible as I had thought we were or maybe he said something that turned me off or maybe he chewed his food with his mouth open, but too often there wasn't a reason I could hang my hat on. It sounds like this is the situation here.
    All I'm saying is that there is always a reason why people fall out of love or lose their feelings for another. Otherwise there wouldn't be a problem. I think it is better to know what that reason is so as to prevent that from happening in the next relationship instead of being confused and sometimes wondering why things didn't work out with that person.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 08:06 PM
    I'd agree with None1234 except that she says she never felt love, more like a brother,.
    I always hear about guys that complain about why do girls always go for the bad guy. He just might be one of those good guys and she might not want that perfect amazing guys?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to break up with a girl without hurting her feelings? [ 6 Answers ]

It's not really working out. She's a real drama queen and flips when I sit near my friends. How can I let her down easy?

I feel like my boyfriend is losing feelings [ 0 Answers ]

I just recently broke up with my boyfriend because the fighting began to become too overwhelming , but we agreed to still talk to each other to try to work on things so we can get back together . Everything has been going okay except for this past weekend . I went to a club with 2 of my friends for...

I still love you but confused / need time to think/ losing feelings [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've been with my girlfriend for 2 years and 8 months, she is 20 years old and I'm 23. Just a few weeks ago she told me she thinks she's losing feelings for me. Things got abit better because we talked about our issues but that quickly turned sour when she suddenly broke up with me 2 weeks...

My girlfriend wants a break because she said she has feelings for someone else [ 10 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1.5 yrs wants a break. Everything was going great. She got a job at a grocery store and she met a guy there. At first it was just a casual friendship and then in a couple months he kept texting her saying how much he likes her and wants to be with her. She told him that she...

Girlfriend and I are on break to see if she still has feelings for old flame [ 6 Answers ]

I have been dating this girl for 2.5 years and got engaged. Well, our relationship had been going through the motions for sometime now. She received a letter from her ex-boyfriend of 6 years. He told her that he still had feelings for her. They haven't been together in 5 years. They had a...

View more questions Search