Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alowishes Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 03:05 PM
    Definition of cheating?
    What's your definition of cheating? Is it kissing,touching,thinking of ? Me and my boy are living in different states right now. It's been 7 months . The whole phone thing isn't getting boring and I have myself just wanting to do other things with other people. What should I do? If we are different states would it matter?
    incognito Posts: 92, Reputation: 24

Mar 27, 2007, 03:14 PM
    Just be honest with yourself and break up.
    No point in trying to bend the rules of a commitment if you want to be with other people.
    Cheating is cheating whether its 1 mile apart or a whole ocean apart.
    If you have to stop and question whether it is wrong then it probably is.
    drop Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Mar 27, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Well, that depends.

I'd guess for most people, cheating has to do with loss of trust. That is, if you do something that your boyfriend would find untrustworthy, you've cheated.

Depending on him, this could be anything from having lust in your heart (Jimmy Carter's old expression) to marrying someone else. Most people though, would classify having sex with another as cheating, and, in a lot of cases, having strong feelings for another as cheating (e.g. emotionally cheating). The borderline cases (e.g. oral sex, "really good friends") are tough, but best avoided if you really love him.

Bottom line, you need to ask him how he feels about it. If you don't feel like having a philosophical discussion on the meaning of cheating (and his likely questions that come after bringing up that topic), you might just want to break it off with him. Breaking up before you cheat is the honest way to deal with him, after all.
    Parajr Posts: 149, Reputation: 21

Mar 27, 2007, 03:28 PM
    Thinking of to me is not cheating, but the majority of the other things you listed are cheating, but lets be realistic. It is what it is, have you thought about ending it, or having an open relationship. There are other options because I could tell that cheating is not naturlal for you. Please rate this answer
    alizeblu Posts: 174, Reputation: 8

Mar 27, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Cheating is when you're in a relationship, and one of you has an emotional attachment to another, as well as your significant other.

That's cheating. Doesn't matter what form its in, sex, kissing,touching,thinking of, doesn't matter.

If you say you love the person, then go to someone else to talk down on your relationship because you lover isint treating you right, its still cheating.

You couldve discussed it with your lover and handled it accordingly.
    freder Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 27, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by alowishes
    what's your definition of cheating? Is it kissing,touching,thinking of ? Me and my boy are living in different states right now. It's been 7 months . The whole phone thing isn't getting boring and I have myself just wanting to do other things with other people. what should I do? If we are different states would it matter?
    I have just broken up with my boyfriend because I cheated and lied. I will tell you one thing if you love him, don't do it. I wish that I could take it all back because losing him has just made me realise how much I love him and I have lost him. If you don't love him then think maybe you rushed into the relationship too quick and think maybe if you want a break until the both of ye are closer in distance. Long distance relationships are not easy.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 28, 2007, 04:38 AM
    Before you start acting single, be single.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Your definition of a cult. [ 66 Answers ]

What religions do you believe are cults and why

Legal Definition of Landlord [ 2 Answers ]

What is the legal definition of landlord in New York state? If the rent is assigned to mortgagee in lieu of foreclosure, is the mortgagee also the landlord? Thank you. doc123

Flirting, a definition. [ 2 Answers ]

OK, so... I'm not the shyest of guys I know what to say and what to do to get a girl thinking about me, Its not a bad/ sleazy thing at all, because sleaziness is taking it to the next level. So what I want to ask is... What is involved in flirting? People say I do it... and people say girls...

Iowa definition of death [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing an assignment for a medical class and can't find the state of Iowa's definition of death.:confused: Please help me out on this one if u can. Thanks.:D

Ebay... Definition. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I need a clear, simple, generic definition of Ebay in a paragraph or so.. thanks. [email protected] THANK YOU SO MUCH for your help I can't find one anywhere... undefinedundefinedundefined

View more questions Search