Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Mar 18, 2012, 12:53 PM
    Ulcer on throat
    Well, it's not really throat, like the back of my mouth.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61047904@N08/6993932161/ (I'll delete the image from flickr when I have some responses, as it's not too pleasant haha)

I'm just making sure I don't need to get it looked at, and can just let it heal? I've had it since I woke up yesterday. It burst yesterday and stings. I don't have any other problems, don't have a cold and no problem breathing. (Swallowing is obviously a tad sore) Will cough sweets make it better? Or will the sugar just make it worse? I've been drinking tea (I do anyway, but I thought the heat might kill off germs)

Dani
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 18, 2012, 01:19 PM
    You can't get the heat hot enough to kill the germs without seriously burning yourself. Yes you need to have this looked at.

Mar 18, 2012, 01:25 PM
    But it hasn't come back since it's burst. Plus I've had ulcers before because of my poor diet, they're just never this far back.

And for the record in case anyone assumes, it's not a sexual disease.
    Expert

Mar 18, 2012, 01:27 PM
    You asked our opinion. My opinion is to have it checked out to rule out any infection.

Mar 18, 2012, 01:30 PM
    I did! And I'm giving more details. Fact is, if I get it checked out, I won't be able to do so for a while as I'm going on holiday tomorrow for 8 nights. I was hoping for a response that answered all of my questions. No use responding to say "Ask someone else, because I don't know".
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 18, 2012, 01:45 PM
    Unfortunate that you have to go away without having it cared for, Dani. Did you try gargling with warm salt water, it may help. But I do agree with J about having it looked at.

Edit: a pharmacist may be able to help out

Mar 18, 2012, 01:50 PM
    I have heard salt water helps, but I'm a wuss haha.

How long would they normally take to go away? Ones on my lip are usually about 4 days.

I think I ask this as I'm doing too much panicky Googling, with "Cancer" results coming up.
    Expert

Mar 18, 2012, 02:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Unfortunate that you have to go away without having it cared for, Dani. Did you try gargling with warm salt water, it may help. But I do agree with J about having it looked at.

Edit: a pharmacist may be able to help out
    I agree with Tickle 100% here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal ulcer? [ 0 Answers ]

My partner and I used studded, mint flavoured condoms for sexual intercourse about two weeks ago, and by the next day I was sorer than usual, but I thought nothing of it until three days later, when I noticed a ulcer like sore on my inner labia, which was painful to touch. Since discovering that, I...

Stomach ulcer [ 6 Answers ]

hi... my b/f was having a lot of stomach pains it first started I believe last August and he's still getting them but not everyday... he went to the doctor and they told him he had a stomach ulcer... but when I was doing research online about it for him it said test needed to be done like an x-ray...

Id it an ulcer or a hernia? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband has had this problem in his upper abdominal area for over the Past year and a half... He complains that there is some kind of Knot in that particular Area that causes him a lot of pain. It also gives him chest pains much like heart burn, And his upper abdominal area to swell. I...

Stomach ulcer. [ 2 Answers ]

Um okay.. About a year ago my boyfriend found out that he has had a stomach ulcer for about 2 years, I don't really know much about it, Except that its big, to small to take meds to get rid of it. So he has been taking shots to keep it undercontrol. And he is pretty stuborn so he doesn't really...

View more questions Search